Most Famous Reference to Motor Oil in Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy Boy....at the gas station, Chris Farley puts a can of 10w-30 in and David Spade asks if he did it...then proceeds to knock the door off of his classic car.

SteveHatesCans.jpg

"He hates these cans! Stay away from the cans!"

Only motor oil reference I can think of in a movie was on one of the Fast and Furious movies when they showed a close up of Castrol Edge being poured into one of the cars. Being the motor oil freak that I am,I must say that was one of the coolest scenes in that movie!

Last edited:
Oh,and I was watching Ice Road Truckers one night and they were talking to one of the guys in the garage and behind him there was a huge stack of Mobil Delvac jugs.

If you look in the background of the comical spoof "Airplane", injured patients are lined up in a hospital ward...and hung on an IV rack with a line into one patients arm vein, is an inverted can of motor oil, instead of the typical saline solution!
crackmeup2.gif

Both Saturday night Live alumni - Steve Martin and John Belushi.

Martin: : "He hates the cans!"
Belushi: "Wolf's Head 30 weight - it'll never let you down."

Watched Quantum of Solice, great movie. In one of the final scenes, the villain is stranded in the desert and Bond tosses him a can of motor oil to drink, because he is a faux environmentalist. It's later reported that he eventually does do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back