Suggested oil for 2006 F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hemi426
The only suggestion I would SERIOUSLY make is swapping the Motorcraft filter for a Purolator Pure One.

The Motorcraft filter is actually a better filter than its Purolator P1 counterpart in FL-820S and FL-1A variations.

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
I only use Motorcraft filters on my Fords. Flow is just as important as filtering. With the Motorcraft you know that you are getting a filter that works well for your engine. I also like MC 5W20 oil.

+1

All Fords seem to love Motorcraft oil and Motorcraft filters.

Originally Posted By: Hemi426
I'm actually speechless. I just don't know how to respond to what I just read!

Maybe you should look into the details instead of reading the pretty bar graphs on the Purolator box?

We've used MC 5-20 and FL820S for well over a million miles in quite a few E/F-150/250's and Expeditions with no problems. Can't imagine any reason not to use a proven winner, especially for the price..
thumbsup2.gif

The guy claims right off the bat that he is an ordinary consumer and not a test facility. Most of the time he is talking about one of Ford's racing filters also. I can show you sites with peoples' opinions about oil filters where they claim that they are no expert. Put the Plain Jane FL-1A against the Pure One 30001 and let's see which comes out on top for filtering ability.

Ok, let's put two dirty filters in bypass and see which one produces cleaner oil.

There's a reason Ford calls for a more expensive ADBV and base end bypass valve versus the Purolator designed version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back