Mann filter-Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are one the premier European filter manufacturers, one of the OEMs for many/most Euro auto makers.

Mann+Hummel is the OEM filter for BMW, VW and Audi. Along with Bosch, they operate Purolator.

Does that answer your question?

thumbsup2.gif

Fram is a highly respected manufacturer here with a huge market share and supplies many OEM's. I think there have been some pictures of cut open Mann's and they look better than Fram. Work better than Fram or anything else? Who knows. Why don't you pick one of the many American filters?

Originally Posted By: labman
Fram is a highly respected manufacturer here with a huge market share and supplies many OEM's. I think there have been some pictures of cut open Mann's and they look better than Fram. Work better than Fram or anything else? Who knows. Why don't you pick one of the many American filters?

All filters look better cut open than an orange-can Fram. Mann filters rule !!

Highly respected by who????????

You think all the people supporting the orange wall diss Fram? I once thought Fram was a respectable brand. The more I learn, the less I am that they are junk. But many products don't deserve the respect they have.

You think all the people supporting the orange wall diss Fram? I once thought Fram was a respectable brand. The more I learn, the less I am that they are junk. But many products don't deserve the respect they have.

A couple years ago, I would have hastened to brand you a heretic of the worst kind!
wink.gif
I would then have posted the comparative autopsy pictures I have offered here more than once. I still think that the Fram internal construction is shamefully cheap, at least compared to some of the more robust designs. It seems inescapably true, however, that we're not seeing much evidence of Fram damage out there. I still won't use them, as I prefer the obvious added margin for disaster that the more robust designs offer. Can I prove the difference is meaningful in practical terms? Well. . .
cheers3.gif

Why don't you pick one of the many American filters?

Since you are the "resident expert" on who owns what company, would you look at your cheat sheet and list only filters that are 100% made in the USA and 100% American owned.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Can I prove the difference is meaningful in practical terms? Well. . .
cheers3.gif

Everyone has a different definition of "practical". What NOT practical to me is trying to save a few dollars and take the risk of a filter failure that could cause damage to an expensive engine. Think of it as insurance ... you don't drive around under insured do ya? If so, it might bite you when you least expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back