Low Bleed General Purpose Grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
It usually takes me two years to use a tube of grease and I've noticed in that time a lot of the oil will bleed out of the gun. I've seen similar bleed on the wheel bearings of a tractor that sits most of the time. In searching the archives I saw Mobilith SHC 220 mentioned as a low bleed grease. Would this be a good choice for equipment that may be stored months or years between uses?

Well in that time frame i don't think any grease would with stand not bleeding in some sort of way,I've used many many greases in my time and they all do it some more then others,pull the handle back to relive pressure and live with it.

what kind of equipment?

I should have mentioned in my original post that I have a tiller with a final drive chain in a fully enclosed drive housing. I repacked the housing about 10 years ago and because the housing is not sealed, it weeps oil out the bottom of the housing while in storage. I will probably have it apart later this year and would like to repack with a grease that will weep less. It appears Penz 707L has less oil separation based on some earlier threads I saw. Would this be a good choice?

Thats a good grease yes,what does the tiller recommend? owners manual?

reseal that housing get it tight so it wouldnt matter if a grease bleed, and probably would want to use a PAO base NLGI #1 IMO like Shcaeffer,Amsoil,etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back