What do you think of Suzuki SX4? (J20A engine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 2010 Crossover SX4 AWD in Febuary.
Great car,gets 30mpg every day in my commute.
From what i understand this engine has been in production awhile.
It even looks like my 2000 chevy tracker's 2.0l engine.
(rebadged suzuki sidekick)

Bought the CVT transmission,weird at first but you get used to it.

I purchased a new AWD SX4 in 2008 (it was a 2007 model, first year), though it was subsequently totaled when someone rear ended it.

Engine was strong and powerful though that's probably partly attributed to the super-low gearing of the manual transmission. It would run about 3500rpm @ 75mph. The one I had would always burn a half quart of oil every 3k, which I thought was odd for an engine with so few miles (had 25k when totaled).

I loved the car. It was unstoppable in snow, handled well, very comfortable ride. Fit, finish and overall build quality was excellent. Had most bells and whistles as standard equipment (power locks, windows, side airbags, mpg computer, etc) making for a very affordable AWD car. I don't remember ever getting much more than 25-26 mpg out of it which is justified given the AWD setup and weight of the car.

FWIW, the 2.0L J20A engine is the same one that's been used in the Suzuki Aerio for many years (though the Aerio was 2.3L) and many other vehicles, so it's been around awhile. Unlike other Suzuki vehicles that are rebadged Daewoo's (? some Korean make), this one was designed and built by Suzuki and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back