Changed oil in the street/strip 440 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven quarts of Penn Grade 1 40 wt. and a Bosch Distance Plus D3500 filter.

I would not think you would want or need a SAE 40 for a drag engine. Roadrace yes, Drag no. Prb a good oil though. At least its not LUCAS
27.gif

It's thin enough to build fairly quick oil pressure on summer days and it maintains pressure better than a 10w-40. A lot of draggers use Penn Grade 1 except most of them use 20w-50 around here.

Steve,
In case you were curious, my 440 has ported 906 heads, a steel crank with Max Wedge Stage 3 rods along with Mopar Performance 11.5 to 1 .030 over pistons.Cam is a Lunati Voodoo hydraulic with 242* duration at .050 and .533 lift intake. Exhaust duration is 252* and lift is .555. Intake is an Edelbrock Performer RPM topped by a 750 cfm Carter/Edelbrock carb. Ignition is all MSD.

I have a digital camera. I'm not sure how to post pics on here though.

Originally Posted By: Hemi426
I have a digital camera. I'm not sure how to post pics on here though.

Host them on a pic hosting website such as www.imageshack.us

Then, click the 4th icon from the left on the menu above where you type a post and insert the web address of the pic.

Looking forward to seeing that monster. Better yet, make a video of it!

Originally Posted By: Hemi426
It's thin enough to build fairly quick oil pressure on summer days and it maintains pressure better than a 10w-40. A lot of draggers use Penn Grade 1 except most of them use 20w-50 around here.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back