Nitto Terra Grappler AT tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good tires, wear more quickly than say, BFG ATs. Overall good for the price. Got about 45k from a set of 285s. Good street manners, good offroad traction

I'm on my second set. I got 55k miles out of my first set. 265/70-17, here. They are on a 2005 4Runner. I love them for the price and performance.

My truck a 2000 Yukon XL calls for 265/70-16. I am thinking on going with that size or the 265/75-16 (I am leaning on these). Its not a 4x4 so 285 be to big to clear plus cost more. How are they in the rain and ice?

I have them on my 96 Land Cruiser, and I've been very happy with them. They seem like a very tough built tire and have great traction in all conditions. They do seem to wear a bit fast but its hard to tell on this truck because its full time 4WD, it seems to just eat tires up quick.

Anyone have this tire size? Whats your air pressure set at on your nitto tires? Mine are D rated 265/75-16? Its listed as 65 psi max but not sure were to set it. Its on 45 psi now. The people who put the tires on was going to put it at 50 psi. I just want to get the best performance and wear out of it and like to know anyone who has these tires what they end up setting theres at.

Last edited:
Does not say P-metric but does show 35 psi but on a 265/70-16 on the door. My new tires are LT 265/75-16 and that link says its post to be at 50 psi. I will have to add another 5 lbs to each tire then. I am not sure what I think of them right now if i'm really going to like them do to the way feel so far. They are quiet and smooth AT tires so far, but not a street tire smooth but close.

Last edited:
Owners manual then? Your vehicle came with tire labelled either P265/70/R16 or LT265/70/16. Actually, with it being a 2000 Yukon, I'm willing to bet it was a P245/75/R16. Either way, just make sure you compensate it for the change if that is the case, and enjoy those new tires.

It does list the correct size on the label but I have seen stuff online were the sizes vary. The manual says same size as the truck label.

Last edited:
Is that the same thing as a "E" rated type tire? I read a lot of tire companies classified theres as a "E". Nitto makes a "E" but i was told it would ride to hard and its a 10 ply and i did not need it, so they ordered the "D" one which is 8 ply, less psi and less max load capable then the "E". Some only offered a E one for the vehicle when search it by make and model.

Originally Posted By: bravo2
Is that the same thing as a "E" rated type tire? I read a lot of tire companies classified theres as a "E". Nitto makes a "E" but i was told it would ride to hard and its a 10 ply and i did not need it, so they ordered the "D" one which is 8 ply, less psi and less max load capable then the "E". Some only offered a E one for the vehicle when search it by make and model.

No, it's not the same. Euro metric is probably a better description of tires without letters in front of the size.

Oh, and your vehicle placard does specify P metric tires. If it has the letter "P" in front of it, then it's a P metric.

I don't recommend replacing "P"'s with "LT"'s and vice versa.

It does not say anything in front of the numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back