Does Pennzoil Ultra contain PAO's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Grp III, really see no difference in protection/cleaning in PU vs PP. PU will not do anything that PP hasn't.

Maybe you should send an email to the four folks that answered the PU questions and tell them they do not know what they are talking about and they are just spinning their wheels. Fire the bunch I say and hire some tribologist that know what they are doing.

Johnny

IMO with some, it is all about the price....regardless of the item. If they do not think it is high enough value, something of need, or even if they cannot afford it, then some will trash a product rather then just not purchase it and stay on the sideline.

You can also figure out many peoples response by the vehicle(s) they list even before you read their response.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

Maybe you should send an email to the four folks that answered the PU questions and tell them they do not know what they are talking about and they are just spinning their wheels. Fire the bunch I say and hire some tribologist that know what they are doing.

Might as well hire any of the folks who keep asking about Group 4/5 and/or "true synthetic" questions on this board. They seem to know so much more than the engineers working in Mobil/Shell/Chevron/Redline/Amsoil/etc etc

Last edited:
+1
As I commented in another thread, there is more to a finished motor oil than the basestock.
We have seen very good results with PP.
Many of us (I am among that group) have even used it more than once.
I have no doubt that Ultra (sounds better than "PU", but then "Plat" sounds better than "PP") is an improvement on Platinum. I have no doubt I'll use it at some point.
While I may like the idea of a PAO or Ester basestock, I also know that a good Grp II or Grp III with a good additive package can yield exellent results where it actually matters; in the engine and down the road.

Grp III's have better solvency than PAO's. Additives play a crucial role. Look at how well PP/Synpower/Amsoil XL hold up.

Grp III, really see no difference in protection/cleaning in PU vs PP. PU will not do anything that PP hasn't.

Why, because they share similar base oils?
smirk2.gif

Exactly....what does penzoil think pu will do that pp doesnt? Will your engine last longer or run better using one over the other???? I highly doubt it as they are more similar than different.....just marketing a "new" product to spike interest in sales.....old wine, new bottle marketing.

I agree. Why buy PU for $28 when you can get PP for $22 which works just as well. They should have marketed PU as an extended drain oil. With Mobil 1 at $23.50 and using PAO and Ester it would also be a better deal than PU. I also find it funny how people hate Castrol over the Group III fiasco and have no problem with Pennzoil using it.

Originally Posted By: qship1996
Exactly....what does penzoil think pu will do that pp doesnt? Will your engine last longer or run better using one over the other???? I highly doubt it as they are more similar than different.....just marketing a "new" product to spike interest in sales.....old wine, new bottle marketing.

Weren't you the ones who were yelling at people to wait for Ultra to be used BEFORE judging it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back