Lubro Moly 10W-40 MOS2 review 2001 Volvo XC70 191K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen very many reviews of this oil on this website and figured I would post my impressions after doing an oil change. I have driven the car since it had 158K miles on it a few years ago, and have fed it a diet of Castrol and Mobil 1 ranging from 5W-40 to 0W-40. For any of you that have experience with Volvos, the inline 5 cylinder is not the most smooth engine. I recently found the Lubro Moly Anti-Friction Engine Treatment with MOS2 which I added to my 1993 Buick LeSabre. The improvement was very noticeable and almost immediate. After this I decided to try the LM 10W-40 with MOS2 included. I changed the oil from Mobil 1 0W-40 to this today! Smoother idle, better revving, less groaning from the engine. I would highly recommend this oil; it is the only oil I have ever tried that made my car drive better! So if you drive a high mileage Volvo, this oil might work for you!
19.gif

Yes, tjw is right about this oil, I use it in my Buick and it's silky smooth!

I also add the MOS2 10 oz. bottle to my other vehicle (LM 5w-30) and a little to the lawnmower and tiller, their products are first class.

I would also check out napaonline as their price for the 10W-40 MOS2 was $28 versus $32 without paying for shipping. I believe you can also order the 5W-40 into any Napa as well as the MOS2 additive. http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Results.aspx?Ntt=lubro moly&Ntk=Keyword&Nty=1&N=0 The 5W-40 price through autosport is the same as NAPA, so maybe only the 10W-40 MOS2 is the good deal. Hope that helps, thanks for the heads up on the other good prices Challenger71!

I plan on doing a UOA on this at my next oil change. I have thought about doing one in the past, but have kept changing oils due to not feeling it through the butt dyno. In about 3-4 months I should come up on the next change and then send a sample to Blackstone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tjw7676
I plan on doing a UOA on this at my next oil change. I have thought about doing one in the past, but have kept changing oils due to not feeling it through the butt dyno. In about 3-4 months I should come up on the next change and then send a sample to Blackstone.

I am using the same oil in my 1993 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 with 100k miles, so I´m very interested in the results of your UOA

I use this oil because I´m a big believer in using MOS2 in high mileage engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back