Anybody try Magnefine tranny filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your thought on the inline tranny filter made by Magnefine?? Our 02 Toyota Sienna don't have any filter to be replace in tranny oil pan so I'm thinking about adding one, is this just another gimmick or does it actually work?

Here is the description I saw about this inline filter that's suppose to be good for 30K miles:

"The Magnefine Filter System

The MAGNEFINE filter extends the filtration spectrum to provide dual filtration that is designed to be completely effective in removing damaging ferrous metal particles from automatic transmissions and power steering systems.

When the fluid passes within the effective range (5mm) of the powerful magnet, the MAGNEFINE filter quickly attracts all the hard damaging ferrous particles, even down to an incredible sub-micron level stopping the "chain reaction of wear".

(University test show removal of harmful ferrous metal particles to 99.9974%) The secondary filtration media, removes remaining non-ferrous materials (i.e. copper, aluminum, dirt, clutch material)

The worldwide patented MAGNEFINE dual filtration filter is the only effective form of filtration that can provide dynamic small particle extraction while maintaining full line flow capabilities for automatic transmissions and power steering systems

* EXTENDS TRANSMISSION SERVICE CYCLE

Continual cleaning of the transmission fluid actually produces cleaner fluid than the new fluid you put into the system. Major OEM's recommend adding 10,000 miles to your service cycle with the use of the Magnefine filter.

* EXTENDS COMPONENT LIFE

Filtering out ferrous particles 3 microns and up, will enhance component life by 7 times, according to Sayles & Macpherson.

* DESIGNED FOR EASY INSTALLATION

Easily installed on both hose and steel lines.

* SIMPLIFIES TRANSMISSION SERVICING

No more dropping the pan to service the pan filter at your normal cycle. Pan filter servicing is recommended at 100,000 miles. Servicing may be accomplished by evacuation at the inline filter points or by draining.

* STOPS "CHAIN REACTION OF WEAR"

Removing the ferrous particles in the 3 to 15 micron range with the powerful magnet, stops the wear and break down of the stabilizers.

THE ANSWER TO IMPROVED TRANSMISSION PERFORMANCE AND EXTENDED COMPONENT LIFE"

I placed the Magnafine in-line transmission filter with an external oil cooler on my Town and Country. Installed Redline C+ ATF in as well. I have used the filter for two cycles and have not replaced the pan filter as of yet. Fluid is very clean and transmission shifts and works well. Use with confidence and you can order online....look at Sponsers list for order info.

great, I 'll order me a few for the tranny and PS then, thanks.

I have run one on my '96 FORD windstar for years (not the same exact filter.....I replace it maybe twice a year).
I have a 2003 Sienna, and it DOES have a filter inside the transmission.....and it has a filter element.

The WIX website lists # 58614 for your 2002 Sienna.
It is NOT a simple screen filter from what I have read.
I have not changed the internal filter on my 2003 Sienna yet (will when the weather warms up).

The Magnefine is STILL a good idea for additional filtering....down to a smaller particle size.
There is a internal bypass that will open should the filter element become clogged.

How many miles do you folks who use them leave them in service??

I picked up a couple of the 1/2" in-out Magnefine filters at RockAuto for something like $2.00 each. Amazing price for a terrific filter. I've seen one cut open and it looked like a comprehensive solution for my transmission issues. A good filter screen, 5psi bypass, and a magnetized end to pick up ferrous particles. Overall, extremely satisfied so far.
Mine was made in Australia too. Nothing at all is a compromise with this filter.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I picked up a couple of the 1/2" in-out Magnefine filters at RockAuto for something like $2.00 each. Amazing price for a terrific filter. I've seen one cut open and it looked like a comprehensive solution for my transmission issues. A good filter screen, 5psi bypass, and a magnetized end to pick up ferrous particles. Overall, extremely satisfied so far.
Mine was made in Australia too. Nothing at all is a compromise with this filter.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1829730#Post1829730

Quote:
I wonder if the traditional Magnefine is going away
54.gif
If I see them getting a healthy discount to make room for these, I'd suspect so.

No need to cut it open....the top unscrews....and the insides come out.....
The big "washer" looking item is the magnet.
This is one that was on my Ford Windstar tranny cooler line.
[img:left][/img]

A close up of the filter media....very much like a traditional oil filter, only on a smaller scale

A view of the inlet side of the filter media package.....the bypass valve is in the middle of the end cap......spring loaded......the middle part opens up to let oil flow straight through the center.....if the media should become loaded enough to cause much backpressure

Can those still be found at that price? What part #?

I have about 5 or six in use on different vehicles. I ran a test on my Dad's beater cargo van. I had put a rebuilt auto trans and ran Amsoil synthetic trans fluid for 85K with a magnifine. When I tore the magnifine filter apart it was pretty darn clean.
I feel that the Amsoil did an exceptional job keeping the wear down in the trans. The trans fluid was put into the dry rebuilt trans and ran through the break in period all the way to 85 K which took 4 years.

I like the magnifine filter in the circuit for peace of mind.

Originally Posted By: JakeR22

Can those still be found at that price? What part #?

20FLT3 $2.34 + shipping

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I wonder if the traditional Magnefine is going away
54.gif
If I see them getting a healthy discount to make room for these, I'd suspect so.

I have it on good authority the head honcho of Boss Products) that the Magnefine business is doing just fine. There are other similar products on market, and have been for some time, but Magnefine is here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back