Everstart MAXX or Duralast Gold ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Costco's Batteries (Kirkland Brand) are rated very high... but I don't know who makes them....and might be alot cheaper ($$).

Costco (Kirkland Brand) battries are made by Johnson Controls. I checked today and they were $58 and change...with core trade in.

Looks like a 'Best Buy'...

Last edited:
Finally stopped by Walmart and looked at the EverStart MAXX. The size I need is the 24F group. They had two really fresh ones (made Feb 2010) - price was $77 + $9 core. Decided to buy one, and checked the battery voltage to ensure it was charged - was 12.67 volts which is about as high as a lead acid battery gets sitting on a shelf.

The warranty is indeed 108 months, with the first 3 years full free replacement and the remaining 6 years pro-rated. All the warranty info is printed on the sticker on the top of the battery. I think that's about the best warranty I've ever seen on any battery.

The top sticker said is was distributed by Excide. I looked and a bunch of the other sizes there and didn't find one model that said it was made by Johnson Controls.

Decided to try one out since the post location was close to the edge of the case, which I need for my positive cable end clearance, and the cell caps were flush with the top which will work perfectly with a custom billet aluminum tie-down strap I have. Guess with that super warranty it's worth a try.

Yes, I considered the Kirkland (Costco) brand, but couldn't get to a Costco for a while and I need a battery now. I don't think the Kirklands have the flush cell caps, so the EverStart really fit the bill for it's physical layout.

$58 for a Kirkland is a good buy ... but what's the warranty on them at that price?

On all products sold at Costco, the product warranty is doubled. Costco is always a good place to purchase products (if they have the product you want).

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

$58 for a Kirkland is a good buy ... but what's the warranty on them at that price?

3 year free replacement.

Now I kind of feel like I should have looked at the Kirkland battery before buying the EverStart MAXX, but sounds like the MAXX should be pretty decent (?).

Someone mentioned to get the MAXX if it was made by Johnson Controls, but this one is made by Excide per the sticker. Think it will be decent enough quality & reliability from Excide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back