1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJC

My newest acquisition. F22A6 engine @ 140hp and mighty high-revving! It's a shame to match these with an autobox. 348K km's, or about 216K miles. The thermostat was not functioning when I bought it plus the owner did short trips, which may be contributing to the varnish and minor sludge.

img_8201.jpg

img_8199-edit.jpg

img_8196-edit.jpg

img_8200-edit.jpg

img_8197.jpg

img_8195.jpg

img_8205.jpg

IMG_8397.jpg

IMG_8399.jpg

Plugs were 1.4mm gap - a full .3mm (.012") over max width spec.
shocked2.gif

IMG_8404.jpg

IMG_8407.jpg

I think the t-belt has ~50k km's or about 7yrs but it looks good.

IMG_8408.jpg

The trans are supposed to be solid in this generation, and it shifts fine. I wanted a 1993 because it's the last year before the 5th gen Accord in 1994 ... and hopefully most of the bugs were ironed out.

The body is quite well, for Honda standards. It has some minor rust starting (~5mm dia) on one fender well. But Vancouver is friendly on car bodies - my '89 Volvo body is almost completely rust-free as well.

Originally Posted By: NJC

Plugs were 1.4mm gap - a full .3mm (.012") over max width spec.
shocked2.gif

IMG_8404.jpg

From my 92 LX.
frown.gif

plugs.jpg

I do not recall the mileage on these, but it was running fine. For a northern car, that looks awesome. Mine has not fared as well but still runs great. Nice purchase, seems like it is in good hands.

Nice shape for an old Accord.

This year/style of Accord has always been my favorite, but I've never owned one.

Normally I'm utilitarian in car purchases and aim for price over style - but I happen to like this car too. Too bad the wheels are damaged from the oxidation and loss of clearcoat (hard to see in pic). The Canadian SE models are equipped with heated seats and heated driver side mirror. And unlike my aging Volvo, the electrical stuff STILL WORKS!

Wow and I thought my cav was in great shape for being an old car, I have to give that honda and it's owner credit. Yikes, how many miles were on those V-Powers, they make me want to swap mine for platinums right now... lol

Dave - I was also looking for a 4dr sedan too ... somehow I missed that important fact as I was looking at ad online. Anyhow, I thought for a commuting car 2dr would do fine.

Really really nice. Mine is a basic model, weaker engine, no power windows or locks, cloth interior, manual transmission.

My '93 LX

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Last edited:
wheels can totally change the look of a car..
if only those wheels were a BIT larger (perh 16"?) it would look even better ...

nicely kept Accords, both !!

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
wheels can totally change the look of a car..
if only those wheels were a BIT larger (perh 16"?) it would look even better ...

nicely kept Accords, both !!

Totally agree. I got 15s really cheap and wanted to keep tire costs down.

His Accord is way nicer though, the passenger side is my car's photogenic side with no rust showing :)

Man......this is the exact car I always wanted. Never got one. Still don't have an Accord. If they keep getting bigger I may never own one. Nice rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back