Purolator larger size of 14476?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for a 1ZZFE Toyota. The filter on this car is pretty small. Also, is it worth it to use the larger filter? Benefits?

Thanks in advance. Also, sorry if this is a recurring question!

I would stick with that one. The 14477 is a taller version but the relief pressure spec is different.

The 10241 and 20195 have the same relief pressure between themselves but different than your app. These filters are much larger.

If it was me I would stay with the 14476.

Last edited:
I posted a thread about the Purolator L14476 for the 1ZZ in the Vibe. The L14477 is the same filter but about a 1/2" longer. So it should fit.

I checked on Purolator's site and the L14476 and L14477 have the same bypass setting, and every thing is identical except the L14477 is about 1/2" longer:

L14476
L14477

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechanicx
I posted a thread about the Purolator L14476 for the 1ZZ in the Vibe. The L14477 is the same filter but about a 1/2" longer. So it should fit.

I checked on Purolator's site and the L14476 and L14477 have the same bypass setting, and every thing is identical except the L14477 is about 1/2" longer:

L14476
L14477

He is correct! I must have had too many windows open. I was looking for a filter on a different post.

Thanks for the replys! Is there any advantage to running a 1/2" larger filter? I have no issue sticking w/ the stock size if there's really no reason to use the larger one.

Well the 14476 filter is so small extra media area couldn't hurt. More media area in theory means less restriction and maybe less oil to potentially get bypassed on cold start, and maybe a slightly higher holding capacity. How much real world or actual benefit there is for the longer filter is questionable, but I don't think there's really any downside to using the longer one.

Well the 14476 filter is so small extra media area couldn't hurt. More media area in theory means less restriction and maybe less oil to potentially get bypassed on cold start, and maybe a slightly higher holding capacity. How much real world or actual benefit there is for the longer filter is questionable, but I don't think there's really any downside to using the longer one.

+1

Advantages are hard to measure but there is no disadvantages of using larger/longer filter if it fits.

And to add, a filter with larger media surface area usually means a slightly better filtering efficiency (better Beta Ratio) because the velocity of oil flow through the media is reduced with more media surface area.

For us "filter freaks", these are all the minor benefits we look for. I always run the largest filter I can find for my application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back