Another "who makes this oil" question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I just need to know who makes SuperTech dino. I know that if it has WPP on the bottom it's Warren, but I picked up a 5 qt jug today and on the bottom was..something else. The 5w-30 I bought doesn't have the WPP on it like the 10w-30 did. Anyway, I'm gonna use it regardless, I was just curious.

I know I'm gonna get some "use the search feature" replies, but, searching for ST (or supertech) brought up wayyy too many pages for me to search through. I just don't have the time right now...

Not sure because I didn't pay any attention to what the M1 jugs looked like. But I do know that it looked much different than the jugs with WPP on the bottom. They were more round, with the handle on the top. The one I bought is squarish with the handle more on the side.

Walmart or Warren has just restyled the jugs. I was fooled. It looks VERY SIMILAR to a Havoline jug. But when they are side by side you can tell a difference. I don't know if they've switched away from Warren or if this is just a new design of the jug...

The Exxon-Mobil SuperTech jugs are blue with a black cap and they are the exact same shape as the red Exxon Superflo jugs. (the same holds true for the individual quart bottles)

The texaco jug has the same logo, oil pouring out of a bottle as the ST jug. Does this mean the the ST jug has Texaco oil inside ?

If it looks like this, it's Exxon-Mobil.

-

quote:

Originally posted by warrior pilot:
The texaco jug has the same logo, oil pouring out of a bottle as the ST jug. Does this mean the the ST jug has Texaco oil inside ?

Hmmm, I didn't think to compare jug bottoms. When I realized that although similar, there WERE some differences, I just figured Warren was copycating. I posted a thread on this when I first noticed it. No one seemed to have any clue if it was really Havoline or at least made by Chev/Tex

Around Austin Tx most of the Super Tech is probably made by Pennzoil/Shell . The numbers on the side of the bottle start with HLPA****675/030805/*** with the date in the middle EXACTLY like the pennzoil bottles, although I have seen the WPP warren ones on certain grades.We do get two different kinds of 5 quart jugs, ones that look exactly like pennzoil 5 quart jugs and another that looks like an antifreeze jug that I am not sure who makes.So we have shell and warren and maybe a third one around here.

quote:

Originally posted by Mr TCar:
Around Austin Tx most of the Super Tech is probably made by Pennzoil/Shell . The numbers on the side of the bottle start with HLPA****675/030805/*** with the date in the middle EXACTLY like the pennzoil bottles, although I have seen the WPP warren ones on certain grades.We do get two different kinds of 5 quart jugs, ones that look exactly like pennzoil 5 quart jugs and another that looks like an antifreeze jug that I am not sure who makes.So we have shell and warren and maybe a third one around here.

Pennzoil/Shell does not make any SuperTech oils.

http://msds.walmartstores.com/

Run a search: ketword SuperTech
cool.gif

Penzoil makes *ALL* of the SuperTech synthetics according to that link. Hmmmm... Anyone compared it to PP?

Let me try to shead some light on what appears to be an outdated MSDS spreadsheet. There was a company named Specialty Oil that was purchased by Quaker State Oil Company. They made Wal-Mart oils for years. When Pennzoil bought Quaker State it inherited Specialty Oil and it continued to make Wal-Mart oil. When Shell bought Pennzoil/Quaker State Company they sold the Specialty Oil division to Warren. So, at the present time neither Shell, Pennzoil, or Quaker State make any oil for Wal-Mart, none.

Johnny, you da man! I wast just sorting through that mess of an MSDS database myself, and was going to post the same. Warren is making so much oil for Wally World that they announced a while back that they are building a new plant in West Virginia just to service the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back