No Touch tire care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used it for over 20 years with no ill effects. I like the more natural satin finish that it provides as compared to the other shiny, stickey [censored] that slings off.

Don't know about the PD, but I've been applying it to 11 year old tires on my 1968 Z28 Camaro and they still look great.

Guys check the MSDS in that link do see a PD listed? i dont,just to make sure im seeing it right.

I like the No-Touch. It was the original spray foam tire shine. I like it because of the natural low shine it gives (unless you put 3-4 coats on) unlike most of the new stuff where they want you tires looking wet - I hate that. I also spray it in the wheel wells, underneath the whole engine bay. Does great!

Propane and isobutane? Those are your propellants. While it probably won't hurt anything, I don't see where it is a better choice than your typical water-based dressing. If you can keep the silicone spray off your wheels and fenders, I'm sure it's OK to use.

Right but like i said i just don't want anything with petroleum distillates because it's not good for rubber and had a guy recommend this stuff.

I've used that product before. Seems pretty good, but I've always wiped off my tires afterward because it'll kick up some splatter.

That being said, I've strayed away from tire shines. Now I just use a medium bristle brush and scrub the sidewalls with some soap/water. Nobody can seem to notice any difference.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I like the No-Touch. It was the original spray foam tire shine. I like it because of the natural low shine it gives (unless you put 3-4 coats on) unlike most of the new stuff where they want you tires looking wet - I hate that. I also spray it in the wheel wells, underneath the whole engine bay. Does great!

I actually find best results with an Armor Foam and Meguiars Tire gel, the old one, not the new high gloss, combo. Armor all foam is really good for cleaning the rubber, you wouldn't believe how much dirt it lifts off even after washing. So I first apply tire foam, wipe it off, and then apply a thin coat of tire gel.

Meguiars lasts long with little shine, after few days to a week the shine is almost gone and tires have this nice flat black look to them, I really like the results.

Also, no touch tire shines are great for dressing up the engine compartment, especially plastics and rubber hoses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back