How do you dispose of your used coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
earth911 has a lot of resources listed for recycling nearly anything.

http://search.earth911.com/?what=oil&where=&latitude=&longitude=

I find it strange that you have to have an ID, and have to sign a book to drop off used oil.....kind of strange. Why would it matter who it came from, or where they lived?

Personally, I'd be more interested in knowing what kind of vehicle the oil came out of :) Then again, once all those jugs are combined into that big holding tank, I'm sure even that doesn't really matter anymore.

Our local dump has a specific area for coolant...also oil and filters. Then the local Advance Auto takes oil.

Originally Posted By: badbrad358
Originally Posted By: rewote500
Humans need air, water, food, and shelter to survive. We are the only species on the planet I know of that destroys the things we need to survive for convenience and money......Why not just take the time to dispose of it properly?

Because if many are in my situation there's not anywhere to take it! I've searched EPA and my local county and there's not anywhere to take it. A couple of shops are listed but when you call they say they won't take it or they don't have anyone pick it up, so what do you think they really do with it then?

Basically, until it's declared a hazardous waste this is what it will be. I'm with you, I hate not being able to properly dispose but I'm not going to pay a huge fee (my only option) to dispose of it. Some of the nearest options were 2 hours away, that's effective
54.gif

Dearborn County recycling center in Aurora takes collant. Aurora isnt too far from Cinci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back