Draining oil overnight, any difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about using a very strong shop vaccuum cleaner plugged in the oil fill hole and sucking all the remaining oil in the upper end of the engine ???

I agree this is sort of a silly thread. Funny how that has not prevented it from going on for 5 pages.
lol.gif

I once used a bottle of Amsoil engine flush, in which, I think, the primary ingredient is napthalene. I have no idea how well it actually cleaned the engine (or what adverse effects it might have had), but it certainly thinned it out and made it flow more easily, and after running it for 20 minutes at idle, thus nicely heating the oil, I got a minimum of .5 quart more than usual out.

A old friend of mine drains his oil hot,then fills the crankcase to proper level ,with diesel fuel and a quart of marvel mystry oil ,,runs for a short time,lets sit for a half hour,drains ,fills with a cheap 5w-30 runs for a 10 mile ride,drains and filter,then installs good oil and filter,he does ths every 3-4 oil changes,,,uses only Penz,10-30,,,,has over 280k on his old 2.4 toyota engine,,I helped him change out the valve cover gasket last week ,,,the engine was spotless inside the upper,,he also admits using Tuffoil additive every 50k,,,huh?? ,,,also noted what looks like hone marks on cam.........BL

Sheeesh.......... all that to change oil.

My mind swirls at the thought of him cleaning his refrigerator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back