Fram Synthethetic oil stabilizer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wannafbody
Found 32 ounce bottles at Big Lots for $2.50 each. It contains zinc alkydithiophosphate.

Send in a VOA..

Originally Posted By: bepperb
"Does oil need to be stabilized?"

Of course. Then further thinned with mmo, but then rethickened with Lucas.
thumbsup2.gif

I just came from big lots after reading this. Mine had bottles of fram synthetic oil treatment 32 oz for $2.50. And regular fram oul treatment also for $2.50. I grabbed wvery bottle of synthetic

All the bad comments before anything is known about the "oil stabilizer" from Fram. What if it was just like ARX, I guess it would still find some way to fall on it's face. I for one ran those horrible orange can frams for many many years with zero problems, and I always thought when purchasing them it was a name I could trust, and did not know any better. I still feel to this day it is a trustworthy oil filter, however I now look for better deals, more filter for my money.

If I were running 3-5 k oil changes like many many people today are still doing, I would probably pick up a Fram at walmart with my oil just to save the hassle of going anywhere else looking for a filter.

Last edited:
Interesting, what did the bottles look like? I saw some years ago at Auto Zone, but that was the only place I had seen any.

Just saw some on ebay for 18 bucks for 3 bottles and 12 dollars shipping. Either they found it at big lots and are trying to make a profit or don't know it can be found there.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
Found 32 ounce bottles at Big Lots for $2.50 each. It contains zinc alkydithiophosphate.

First thought was that it was a anti wear booster but what is the difference between alkydithiophosphate and

Zinc DithioPhosphate (ZDP).
Zinc DialkylDithioPhosphate (ZDDP)

Aside from no Zinc that is. Is this a Phosphorus booster?

For $2.50 a bottle if it slows down oil use in a beater it might be worth it, considering what STP and Lucas cost.
27.gif

I emptied some out its not thick at all. Maybe like a 5w20 or 30 wt. I think its more of an additive booster the way it reads. Smells like mobil 1 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back