What year Saturn Vue used the Honda V6 engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
adjusting the valves on an older Honda 4 banger is a totally different ballgame then on the newer v6's.... before you just took out a few valve cover bolts and you had access, now its not that easy, especially if the car has clearance issues under the hood with the rear head like an odessey

I agree with the spark plugs, they are so easy to change just run them until you get your money's worth out of them

and to the guy hating on the Honda 3.5 and tooting his horn over a 3.4 chevy motor........ come on man... I'm sure most people who have had experience seeing many cars go through their shop, would much rather depend on the 3.5 vs the 3.4

I can name more then a few things that are bad with 3.4's that I fix on a regular basis...... The honda's just keep on running along.. I think i've changed one coil on plug in a couple years.....

Not sure what you do for a living but you sound like you may be a Mechanic.
So you many not want to lump all 3400's together. The previous Gen 3400 was not great everyone knows that and the DOHC one sucked.

The Equinox 3400 shares heads and block with the previous gen. Pistons, rods, oil pan, intake and electronics are all different. No dex cool problems. What I can say is the LNJ is leaps and bounds above the previous gen 3.4 and does not require a timing belt swap or a valve adjustment. It is does however still have a noisy valve train.

I bet I get 120,000 miles before I have to do anything. I am over half way there and at 105,0000 miles I won't have to rip a good protion of the motor apart to do a timing belt.

To each their own though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back