upgrade my lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently bought a 06 hummer h3, I want to put a 4300k or 6000k hid kit and also want yellow fog lights that will fit in the housing and be bright for my off roading adventures. What's a good site? I've been looking and found only one but what name brand should I be looking for?

danielsternlighting.com is good but he's not a fan of HID retrofits.

oh man..
high car..
bright lights...

you're gonna [censored] people off on the freewaaay
31.gif

Here's an idea. Keep the stock lights for on road use, this way you can remain legal, safe and functional. Then get after-market lamps for off-roading and have them so you can switch them on when needed. That way you can customize the lights to your needs, flood pattern or distance pattern or both and aim them as needed as well. You keep happy off-road, the law and everyone else is happy on road.

You will never get your OEM lamps to perform as well as after-market purpose built units, and if you try to make it work you'll compromise both and end up with inadequate for either.

It also makes for more aggressive looking off-roader to have some sort of off-road lamps. Check out the lamps on these off-roaders, very popular high performance off road lighting: http://www.lightforce.net.au/us/index

Headlight harnesses and upgraded bulbs for your on-road lights will do wonders. Plus you won't be glaring all over the place with a bad HID retrofit.

Check for HID projector headlights if you really want HID's.

If the H3 has 7" round lights you can switch the buckets and drop in a set of Cibie lights from Daniel Stern. That'll give you way better lighting than the Illegal HID kits and you won't blind your fellow motorists. email Mr Stern and he'll tell you if it can be done. 200 bucks tops, completely legal, and awesome lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back