Suzuki Aerio oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a 02 Suzuki Aerio with a 4 cylinder, 2.0 engine. The manual "Highly Recommends" a 5W-30, but a 10W-30 is also suitable. Does anyone have any oil suggestions for this particular application, either dino or synthetic? The manual also calls for 7500 mile oci for regular use and 3000 mile oci for severe use. Thanks in advance.

For Suzuki engines, 10W30 in the summer, 5W30 in the winter is good.

Synthetic or not, it will be your choice.

4,500 miles OCI is optimal with dino oil...

Q.

p.s. whenever you pick up a used Suzukis, always consider performing a radiator flush and factory thermostat replacement.

I used 5w30 for 50k and then recently switched to 10w30...I like the 10w30 a little more, but living here in Florida I can use the 10w30 year round.

How many miles on this Aerio? Im supposing you dont have any kind of warranty left?

Try and go the full 7500 miles if you start using synthetic...I normally do.

ShortBuSX......It's only got 16,000 miles and I have the remainder of the 7 year/100,000 mile warranty left.

Q...Thanks for the heads up about the cooling system.

You might look into that warranty, some were grand fathered in, but for the most part 02s had a 3 year 36k...the 03s and up got the 7 year 100k. Unless of course it has an extended warranty.

BTW, nice low mileage...I bet you got it for dirt cheap too!

quote:

Originally posted by Ajon412:
I just picked up a 02 Suzuki Aerio with a 4 cylinder, 2.0 engine. The manual "Highly Recommends" a 5W-30, but a 10W-30 is also suitable. Does anyone have any oil suggestions for this particular application, either dino or synthetic? The manual also calls for 7500 mile oci for regular use and 3000 mile oci for severe use. Thanks in advance.

See the UOA's section of this Forum. It has results from different weights and brands of oil on Suzuki's. I'd use Castrol GTX 10w-40 or Chevron Delo 15w-40, but that's just me. Your car will run forever with any weight oil, though. For Aerio, I'd worry more about the rear suspension wishbones/trailing links than I'd worry about the engine.

I'm going to go with Flimflam's recommendation of 10W40 or 15W40. I had a '89 Sidekick(since new)with 200,000 miles and then gave it to my brother(who went to almost 300K before getting rid of it). I also currently drive my wife's old '98 Chevy Tracker 4 door. It's been my experience that 'Zuki engines like a thicker oil. I do run 5W30 for winter, but when it gets hot, I run(usually Castrol GTX)10W40.

Nice score on the Aerio, BTW.
fruit.gif

Thanks to all who replied and I'll keep my eyes on the other problems mentioned.......I actually found it at a local Ford dealership where it was recently traded in for an 06 model. It appears that it was a commuter car (home to bus/train station and back). As for the warranty, the dealer verified the 7/100,000 and noted it on the bill of sale. I'll run an oci on the dealer oil change that was just done and judge it from there.

I have a 1999 Zuki Esteem with the J18a(identical engine, but 1.8l) 130,000 very hard driven miles(bought it used with 7k miles). I hit the 6500 redline every chance I get and cruise it at 80+(3800 rpm), I average around 120 miles a day; 30 mpg. I use Amsoil 10w-30(SL) with a 15000-18000 OCI. I posted a UOA a year or so back. I have had zero problems, these are very tough cars.

Would anyone suggest an AutoRX treatment? It's only got 16,xxx miles and it's unknown what type of maintenance was done by the prior owner. Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by Quest:
For Suzuki engines, 10W30 in the summer, 5W30 in the winter is good.

Synthetic or not, it will be your choice.

4,500 miles OCI is optimal with dino oil...

I concur... Though I'd used 5W-30 in all months except for June-August, unless you find that it uses oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back