Borg Warner plug wire opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to replace my PT's plug wires and plugs since it is nearing the 30K recommended interval. I see O'Reilly auto has these BWD Nascar Select plug wires avail for a good price. Are they made in the USA? There website is kinda vague.

Never used them personally. I like Belden Max power wires from NAPA or Delco wires. They have done me well.

Made in Mexico often means assembled there from American made parts. For years I made my living in a factory that most of our output went to Mexico and back.

Check your local dealer. The Dodge dealer I worked for had very good pricing on OEM's. I also have had excellent results with Belden wire sets.

While I personally aways replace my own vechicles wires with MSD wires, I do use BW wiresets on cars I work on. They are of good quality meaning they work and fit very close to OEM. They have the right connectors but sometimes a few wires may be a wee bit longer or shorter - but that's no problem to complain about.

I recommend you to use those BW wires as I have been using them on people's cars for about 3 years w/o any issues to date. Now if you want the truly "best" set get the MSD.

IMO it depends on the application, my Denso wires for Taurus looks like junk (made in US I think) compare to the Denso wires for Corolla (also made in US). It's all about what the OEM spec for, and I'd not be surprised if they are just rebrand of some generic Mexico stuff as well.

I found my local Kragen's generic power steering hose to be exactly the same as Gate (down to the part number printed on the hose) inside the box, for 20% cheaper.

Originally Posted By: DC84
Check your local dealer. The Dodge dealer I worked for had very good pricing on OEM's. I also have had excellent results with Belden wire sets.
EVERYONE states that the OEM wires are the weak link on PT's. That's why I'm changing them. Rock Auto has AC Delco's but I feel weird using AC parts on a DC car. should I? Can anyone find me a link to an MSD set of wires for a 2007 PT cruiser non-turbo?

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
EVERYONE states that the OEM wires are the weak link on PT's. That's why I'm changing them. Rock Auto has AC Delco's but I feel weird using AC parts on a DC car. should I? Can anyone find me a link to an MSD set of wires for a 2007 PT cruiser non-turbo?

AC Delco is also full line aftermarket parts maker. They make everything from suspension parts, batteries, alternators - you name it - for all makes/models. If you ever saw their parts manuals (I've got a full set which is 19 books!) you'd see the range of years and makes, surprised me too first time I learned this.

Not as weird as me using AC Delco on Honda and Toyota. They are usually pretty good stuff rebrand from major supplier like Gates.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Are they still using "real" wires and "real" distributor and "real" rotor on a 2007 car?

On the PT cruiser, the ignition wires connect a DIS coil that has 4 towers.

Anyway, I doesn't surprise me that AC products get used in Non-GM cars, because many of their spark plugs are NGK plugs with Delco written on the side of them.

Originally Posted By: dgee
magnecor
if you can find a set for your car, they're great wires
+1 on Magnecor, doesn't Borg Warner make something else, and its not wires. I'd avoid BW wires. Who owns Borg warner nowadays?

I'd get the AC Delcos - and I believe Delphi Packard makes those. I've got them on a Nissan, and they look, feel and fit just like OEM.

I like Magnecor's also and have them on my 98 chevy truck's 5.7L. The one thing I don't like about them is the boots. They are too soft and I have ripped more than one of them when taking them off.

My factory GM wires on my 2004 Monte Carlo SS say Delphi on the boots.

I've used BW wires before and had no issue. I've had some arcing issues with the new AC-Delco replacement wires.

Wayne

How 'bout Autolite wires?

I like them. Have tried both Bosch and BW for my '97 Silverado, and had fitment problems - one brand was too long, the other WAY too long.

Autolites fit correctly (for my application), and seem to be well constructed, especially for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back