Auto-RX vs. Marvel Misery Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AutoRX inventor got banned from this site??? for what reason?

Some rings/groves won't come clean until after the piston is in your hand. The ring can reach a point of carbon buildup in the groove that is not cleanable by chemicals. Disassembly is the only option.

Last edited:
I still think that a piston soak is the quickest, most efficient way to clean the ring pack area.

Weather Frank the Arx inventor was Banned or Left is unknown to me.
I do feel that his product is better represented (Pro and Con) by his absence.
PR was not his strong point!

Frank left on his own. Can't blame him. It is essentially his life's work and has been proven to work yet people just wanted to bash the product because they didn't like Frank or his tactics. He got fed up and left.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Frank left on his own. Can't blame him. It is essentially his life's work and has been proven to work yet people just wanted to bash the product because they didn't like Frank or his tactics. He got fed up and left.

No, he was banned. He is not allowed on the site anymore because of his behavior. The OP should research those threads that still exist under the username "Frank" to see why.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02

No, he was banned. He is not allowed on the site anymore because of his behavior. The OP should research those threads that still exist under the username "Frank" to see why.

I guess I'll believe that when I see it.

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
MMO and Arx both do about the same thing but MMO is much less expensive. In my opinion, I think Arx is a ripoff...

OMG! Back in the day Frank would eat you alive for that.

I seem to remember that Frank posted a 'kind' of an apology via another site member after his 'departure'

All things being equal, I've seen too much regarding AutoRX to consider its use in my cars (heck, see above). As people around NC tend to say, something stinks up the creek with it for me.

Regardless of that, MMO has the advantage of being available and cheap, and the price is what decides it for me...

I guess I'll believe that when I see it.

I recommend you send a PM to Helen for confirmation.

I'm not going to quote correspondence sent and received in confidence, but the man is not welcome here any longer and it's no secret except to the new guy. He was a disgrace when he was here, and the board has been a much better place in his absence.

By the way, where are your friends dbdeland and Rick20? I guess they're just conscientious objectors to the largest oil forum on the Internet, right? That's why their user names don't show up in the list anymore, because they left of their own accord, right? Right.

@Ben805, do your homework on this subject and I think you'll see why the guy isn't here anymore. It's not because he got bullied, it's because he was the single biggest bully on the site and people finally got sick of him.

+1

I'm not going to quote correspondence sent and received in confidence, but the man is not welcome here any longer and it's no secret except to the new guy. He was a disgrace when he was here, and the board has been a much better place in his absence.

By the way, where are your friends dbdeland and Rick20? I guess they're just conscientious objectors to the largest oil forum on the Internet, right? That's why their user names don't show up in the list anymore, because they left of their own accord, right? Right.

@Ben805, do your homework on this subject and I think you'll see why the guy isn't here anymore. It's not because he got bullied, it's because he was the single biggest bully on the site and people finally got sick of him.

I was at Walmart earlier and saw the Misery oil selling for about $3.60/qt, that's pretty darn cheap in comparison to the ARX, if it works as good if not better than the ARX then WOW!! I saw the recommendation dosage for the gas tank is 4oz, but I'm a little concern about the long term effect of coating up them oxygen sensors and cat with these stuff... I know they were great in WWII and the olden days, but have these Misery oil been field/lab tested on newer and somewhat "higher tech" vehicle?

Gary Allan did some extremely high-dose testing with MMO in the Gas tank using a modern 4.0 Jeep if I'm not mistaken. Far beyond the 4oz. recommendation. I think it turned his sparkplugs red. You might PM him about it.

Originally Posted By: ben805
I was at Walmart earlier and saw the Misery oil selling for about $3.60/qt, that's pretty darn cheap in comparison to the ARX, if it works as good if not better than the ARX then WOW!! I saw the recommendation dosage for the gas tank is 4oz, but I'm a little concern about the long term effect of coating up them oxygen sensors and cat with these stuff... I know they were great in WWII and the olden days, but have these Misery oil been field/lab tested on newer and somewhat "higher tech" vehicle?

I have 182,000 miles on a 93 Aerostar with the original Cat and 02 sensor. MMO in use for over 130,000 of those miles. 88 E-150 4.9L original Cat, MMO used since new. Don't believe any of those stories about it damaging Cat Converters or O2 sensors. I have been adding it to the gas in my 08 Jeep since 300 miles, and will probably do so until I junk it.

I have also used over a qt of it in the gas in the Aerostar with no issues. The Aerostar and E-150 pass NYS emission testing with no problems.

MMO will clean your engine of sludge if you add it to the oil. It will also clean the ring packs. It is well worth trying. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back