Starfire/Cooper tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my receipt says StarFire Cooper SF340 60k tread warranty?

Exact wording on receipt:

"STRFIR COOP SF340 60K BK 440AB"

Last edited:
Well, hopefully your dealer will back up that warranty since they put it on the bill. Make sure to rotate them every 6000-8000 miles.

Originally Posted By: FordFocus
Well, hopefully your dealer will back up that warranty since they put it on the bill. Make sure to rotate them every 6000-8000 miles.

Well, that is a high quote, but if they wrote it in....

Originally Posted By: GMFan

To say a 440 rated tire is a 60,000 mile tire is a stretch...

Does Cooper call it a 60,000 mile tire? I doubt it.

Also, have you checked the DOT codes on these tires? According to this release, Cooper stopped making Starfire tires in 2007.

Cooper Drops Starfire Brand in North America
May 14, 2008
By aftermarketNews staff

FINDLAY, Ohio -- Cooper Tire & Rubber has reportedly ceased production of its Starfire associate tire range in North America, and the company may further reduce the number of brands it sells.

Manufacture of Starfire tires ended last year and, as inventories are now mostly depleted, Cooper has begun recommending ‘suitable alternatives’ for dealers that formerly sold the brand.

Cooper launched the Starfire brand in 1994 to fit between the Cooper and Mastercraft brands, and the range was produced in sizes for passenger cars, SUVs and light trucks. The range continues to be sold in Asia.

The other, less profitable, tire lines Cooper may also drop have not been named, but in addition to the flagship Cooper brand the company sells five associate brands – Mastercraft, Dean, Lexington, Mickey Thompson and **** Cepek – and two associated import brands, Avon and Kenda. (Courtesy of Tire Review/ Tyres & Accessories/Staffordshire)

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: GMFan

To say a 440 rated tire is a 60,000 mile tire is a stretch...

Does Cooper call it a 60,000 mile tire? I doubt it.

Also, have you checked the DOT codes on these tires? According to this release, Cooper stopped making Starfire tires in 2007.

Cooper Drops Starfire Brand in North America
May 14, 2008
By aftermarketNews staff

FINDLAY, Ohio -- Cooper Tire & Rubber has reportedly ceased production of its Starfire associate tire range in North America, and the company may further reduce the number of brands it sells.

Manufacture of Starfire tires ended last year and, as inventories are now mostly depleted, Cooper has begun recommending ‘suitable alternatives’ for dealers that formerly sold the brand.

Cooper launched the Starfire brand in 1994 to fit between the Cooper and Mastercraft brands, and the range was produced in sizes for passenger cars, SUVs and light trucks. The range continues to be sold in Asia.

The other, less profitable, tire lines Cooper may also drop have not been named, but in addition to the flagship Cooper brand the company sells five associate brands – Mastercraft, Dean, Lexington, Mickey Thompson and **** Cepek – and two associated import brands, Avon and Kenda. (Courtesy of Tire Review/ Tyres & Accessories/Staffordshire)

I found that too....I' wouldn't worry though-it looks like they changed their mind....

I just called on the sf340s at my local tire shop, and their Starfies were fresh....

Plus, I dound a few shops that still carried the line....

There's probably not much reason to continue this thread, as the original poster has stated in the General/Off Topic forum that he's going to take a hiatus from this site for a while...

Just got an email back from Cooper,

"Thank you for your interest in Starfire tires. Starfire products are
backed by a workmanship and materials warranty that our independent tire
dealers administer on a regular basis. Any tire that is deemed to have
an eligible adjustable condition as determined by one of our independent
tire dealers shall be processed according to the terms of the Starfire
Warranty Program. Our independent tire dealers make the determination
on what qualifies as an eligible adjustable condition, and handle all
warranty returns.

We do not offer mileage on our SF line including the SF340.

Thank You,
Kristie
Consumer Quality Systems
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back