New to me '06 F150 5.4 Triton V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everybody!

New to the forum but I'm learing quite a lot!

Just bought a 2006 F150 5.4 Triton V8 4x4 with 50K miles on the odometer... The truck doesnt feel like its been abused and is pretty clean!

I immediately changed the oil once I got it home and sent a sample to Blackstone for analysis. The dealership insisted that they changed the oil once they got it in on trade but I can tell that it has been in the pan for some time!

In the meantime, can anyone provide some suggestions beyond the Ford suggested MC 5W-20? Obviously, I dont know how the previous owner treated my new toy so I wanted to start out fresh with the best possible... I'll make sure to post the oil analysis and wait for everyone's comments!

Thanks!

Brian

If you plan on keeping her for a long time...Change out the Plugs ASAP by a retutable FORD SHOP That follows the Ford TSB, on how to change them!
Other than that the 5.4 3valve uses 7 Qts of 5W-20. I use 4 quarts of the MotorCraft Full Synthetic 5W-20 & three Qts of the MotorCraft Syn Blend....

our 07 Really likes the pennzoil ultra 5-20. It is sooooo quiet compared to other syn products I have used. The only one that was as quiet was Redline.

It has had a steady dose of mc blend during warranty, then M1, then I went to redline. I'm sticking with ultra for the long haul now.

Simple, if you ask for the "best" oil, you're gonna get lots of different opinions. The truth is that there really isn't a "best" oil, and that almost any oil used with a reasonable OCI will work well for you.

What oil did you put in it?

I went with the manufacturer's recommended MC 5W-20...

And I hear you concerning "the best oil" I've been trolling this site for long enough to know that there are as many opinions as people but I generally come to believe that the more options or testimonials I get from the folks on this site, the better...

We've used MC5-20/MC FL820S for hundreds of thousands of miles in several Mod-motored E/F 150/250's with zero issues. The perfect match.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back