X-1R OIL ADDITIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Frank
Dr. Leonard Marra was the original inventor of X-1R and how NASA gave endorsement was because of friendship between Dr. Marra and than head of security for base vehicles including the crawler.
He got Leonard a test to use X-1R in gear boxes
to reduce friction. X-1R was a standard long chain chlorinated parrafin technology with instructions to change oil and X-1R every 3000
miles, (before chain started to dedigrate) thereby not having corrosion issues such as Duralube and others had, who never told you to change out oil and there additive in 3000 miles. Newest wrinkle in long chain chlorinated parrafin technology is chain will stay stable longer ("neutralized" is new term). A person who posts on this board is the best long chain chlorinated additive chemist Marra or myself know. He found a way to keep chain from dedigration and the company we all worked for and Dr. Marra consulted for, sent a gallon to an oil company. Can you guess the name of there oil and grease that uses this technology? I am not posting anymore on this subject - just a FYI.

Could it be Royal Purple - and their Synerlec-additive?

Originally Posted By: BurgerMcDo
Did that garage owner complained about any corrosion inside the engine?

Hi.

No he hasn't. He has been talking a lot about this product. What he was particularly satisfied with, was the ability to loosen "frozen" bolts.

I wasn't thinking so much about it, but when I decided to buy the aerosol can, this was because I needed some lubricating spray.
After several years, I found that I should try it.

I haven't given it any difficult tasks, yet, but I guess that will happen when I am going to change brakes(disks and pads), during the summer.

I have only used it for lubricating purposes now.

Next time I go there, I will ask him more about it, and if he has any extraordinary results from using it in engines or other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back