20 TBA
21 Bruno Senna (BR)

BMW Sauber Ferrari
22 Pedro de la Rosa (E)
23 Kamui Kobayashi (J)

Virgin Cosworth
24 Timo Glock (D)
25 Lucas di Grassi (BR)

With all the jockeying back and forth with BMW I thought it was weird that they're going to remain "BMW Sauber" and run Ferrari driveline! Reminds me of the BMW/VW/Rolls Royce/Bentley situation.

Can't wait to see the new cars!

What happened to Raikonnen? He's better than 3/4 of those drivers.

Well I guess WRC will be a good challenge for him, his motocross experience should help a bit I'd think.

Last edited:
He's driving a World Rally car. He would reportedly have to take a pay cut to stay in F1 since Ferrari cut him loose. There was a clause in his contract that Ferrari would pay him x dollars to not drive for another team ($17 million?) vs $10 million? if he drove for another team.

That list was interesting for not including Stefan GP especially since they got good press by Bernie who hated USF1. It worked out fine that way anyway IMHO b/c too many new cars on the grid can be problematic.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
What happened to Raikonnen? He's better than 3/4 of those drivers.

He is driving in WRC for the Citroen B Team.
He crashed in Sweden but seems to enjoy it (still don't like interview though, especially after crashing).

Good news this year, a lot of great teams quite competitive (about 6 so 12 drivers), and all past champions in competitive cars: It will be exciting.

Bad bews this year, all new teams are running few seconds a lap behind the leaders, so they will be ridiculous for about half the season before they start to catch up, hopefully (Hispinia/Campos team did not even turn a wheel before the opening round next weekend).
Another bad news, StefanGP with old Toyota team got denied entry so no Jacques Villeneuve in F1 this year.

Pesca, I got my ticket to the Canadian GP this year - yeah, no JV
frown.gif

Wow, all the way from Georgia. I hope you will stay a bit to visit the surroundings.

As for me, I don't know yet. I have been at a lot of them in the past (first one in 1984 at Zandvoort with my dad) so the excitement to see them live is gone now, but I will probably go on Friday only to get some pictures and bring my wife with me this time (she wants to see how fast and loud they are).

If you have any questions on Montreal and the Gilles Villeneuve circuit, do not hesitate to PM me, I will try to help you as much as I can.

"I will probably go on Friday only to get some pictures and bring my wife with me this time (she wants to see how fast and loud they are)."

I went to the Canadian GP in 1989 ... I think Ricardo Patrese won in a Williams-Renault. I was really amazed how loud the cars were ... especially the Honda V10 that screamed like a banshee. Every time they downshifted at the end of the straight (going into the big hair-pin) I thought the motors were going to explode while backfiring. I could not believe they would put up with that kind of treatment for hours at a time.

Gotta think this year could be another Hamilton championship ... though Ferrari may be stronger straight out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back