Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
That's just so "wrong" of a conceptual view
laugh.gif
It's up there with goatse corporate symbols
blush.gif

TP4ME

Just wondered if you have any info on the Spinner vs. the MG oil tests?

BTW I have Mg and Spinner II in series. Eveything can go through the MG, but at 35 PSI the Spinner II has fluid thanks to pressure cutoff valve. So theoretically I have all bases covered:
40 psi prelubing, MG up to 35 psi and then, MG + Spinner II after 35 psi.

Mobile 1 15/50

No oil tests as I don't need them. Arrogant? Not if you do the math. No cleaner oil can be had on a vehicle, maybe better thatn new oil.

Also run B100 fuel (low soot) and a paper air filter
Aquaworksllc

I don't as I run a Frantz at the moment. I'm rigging up a backing plate/mounting for this used centrifuge I picked up. Probably too big for my truck though, without a secondary pump; I'm thinking about a power steering pump, but don't know if it generates enough flow or pressure?

What kind of pre-luber do you have again? Definitely a good idea those.

Originally Posted By: Aquaworksllc
I have just now installed a spinner ll on my duramax diesel truck. The truck has had a motorgaurd on it for about 15k. I will wait 10k and do an Test and post the results.

Should be interesting.

Dale

Any results on this test? Would be nice to know.

Originally Posted By: Jim
They need to have a gravity feed with a large hose back to the pan. This is not possible with most new cars or pickup trucks. The filter also has to be mounted vertical which limits mounting possibilities.
what do these look like?

I was actually contemplating getting the small Spinner filter like in the Dodgeram link above. After some thought I finally decided against it simply because I don't feel like pulling off the oil pan to insert a return line for the gravity feed. It's a good idea though, especially since lots of the OTR trucks use them. That's gotta tell you something right there.

Originally Posted By: TP4ME
Originally Posted By: Aquaworksllc
I have just now installed a spinner ll on my duramax diesel truck. The truck has had a motorgaurd on it for about 15k. I will wait 10k and do an Test and post the results.

Should be interesting.

Dale

Any results on this test? Would be nice to know.

X2

Once again i found a spinner 65II? at my local jy.It came off of a garbage truck.I got it all for 24.95! This is the 2nd one i buy.The first one for 20.00!I REALLY want to install it in my Toyota 22r truck!

If you've got a high enough volume pump, go for it. You just need to be able to handle the loss of flow bypassing the engine and with enough pressure to drive the thing.

Let's put it this way...if I found them as cheap as you have, I'd find something to install it on sooner or later. That's too neat a toy not to use.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I'd find something to install it on sooner or later. That's too neat a toy not to use.
Yeah,I'm keeping this for a loooong time.

Bought another one for 52.00.The moron giving prices forgot about the other ones i bought for 20.00 or so and this time he said 45.00 w/o tax! This one was a Model 96

You should have reminded him. FIFTYTWO DOLLHAIRS!!!! WADDA YOU SMOKIN', JOE??!!!! The last one was $20
shocked2.gif

He should have been happy you're finding fine junque in his yard.

Some people react that way when business drops off. They get like drowning swimmers and squeeze the life out of anyone they can get hold of. Stop by a couple of times and not buy anything. Let him burn one and think about it.

Some people just can't accept making less money regardless of the economic environmental conditions. Some react by treating customers better ..and some react by milking everyone in every way that they can.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
You should have reminded him. FIFTYTWO DOLLHAIRS!!!! WADDA YOU SMOKIN', JOE??!!!! The last one was $20
shocked2.gif

I even showed him a previous recpt and he still insisted that he wouldn't have sold it that cheap.

Maybe he figured out what they cost between visits. That might explain it.

Then it would be true if he said, "I wouldn't have sold it for that" ..he's just leaving off "if I knew what I was looking at was worth that much new".
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back