Parts Master oil filters= made by WIX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local auto parts stores have started carrying Parts Master brand oil and filters. I noticed the part numbers are the same as WIX. So I picked up a 67092 for the Galant. It looks exactly the same as the Pro Select that's on there now. $1.64 cheaper I don't think you can beat it. I also picked up 5 quarts of Parts Master 5w20. Made by Ashland/Valvoline.

103_0847.jpg

103_0860.jpg

103_0856.jpg

103_0855.jpg

103_0852.jpg

Interesting, we have a bunch of those Auto Value stores around here. How much was the one you bought and do you know if the price varies much between applications?

Parts Master is the house brand for "Auto value" and "Bumper to bumper" parts stores. There is one a couple of miles from my house.
We use them quite a bit at the shop I work at, decent parts at good prices, knowledgable folks behind the counter as well. Most of the Parts Master filters I have bought range from $3-$4, and all seem to be Wix Pro select construction.

Originally Posted By: labman
Made in America by an American company, thread end bypass, cheap, where can I find one?

A match made in heaven
wink.gif
... and at a cheap price too.
thumbsup2.gif

I always thought the ProSelects were less than $3 for more common applications, but it's been a while so I could be remembering it wrong. I know some ProSelects can be expensive though, like the one for the 2.0 Ford Zetec and the small filter for a Kia Sephia (1365 I think?)

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Quote:
Made in America by an American company, thread end bypass, cheap, where can I find one?

A match made in heaven
wink.gif
... and at a cheap price too.
thumbsup2.gif

Abso-dang-lutely, covers all the bases doesn't it, what more can you ask? And at $3.69, I can't think of another filter I'd rather buy at that price point.
48.gif

Originally Posted By: labman
...thread end bypass...

Are you sure? It (the picture above) looks dome end to me, like (at least many of) the NAPA ProSelects.
Maybe better not order a whole bunch until you're sure.

I don't find any reason to worry about that location, myself, but if you want the thread end, I'd hate to see you get a case of these in the mail and be disappointed.

yes they are made by wix....... does that mean they are the same as a wix? well that will be a hard question to answer........

I get these filters for about 1.50 for most applications.....

I do notice, that cartridge filters seem to be more expensive. They are usually a few dollars, and say made in Poland on them. I don't know who makes those filters over there, but I did see on another thread about cartridge filters and wix brand that the wix ones also said made in poland on them.

I've cut many open, what size do you want to see?

I also noticed from the recent wix 51040 cut open thread here that they have a red silicone ADBV.... the PM ones are black

it will probably be a used one, I can nab one from a customer's car when it comes back for service. I can also dig around in the used filter barrel and see what is in there, but that was just emptied a couple weeks ago.... sucks too cause that sucker was filled to the max with mostly PM filters

popular sizes we use

I can also take some pics of new cartridge filters. give me an application, or number... (they are same as wix, but the first number is 5 in wix and 6 in PM)

I can't take a pic of the popular BMW inline 6 cartridge filter because I used that Friday and have a MANN in stock as its replacement

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back