Bosch Distance Plus oil filters exist only on web

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
So they finally hit the streets ... but, ouch! on the price.
54.gif
Think I'll stick with a PureONE for $5~$6.

I'm going to AAP to get some wiper blades later. I might get one.

Originally Posted By: jmsjags
i was thinking about leaving a distance plus on for 2 oil changes (12 months/12k miles) ....

You could probably do so safely with the Distance Plus filter due to it's high holding capacity.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Originally Posted By: jmsjags
i was thinking about leaving a distance plus on for 2 oil changes (12 months/12k miles) ....

You could probably do so safely with the Distance Plus filter due to it's high holding capacity.

yea but like i said it's cheaper to just use pureones EVERY oil change so it's a no brainer for me. i don't think bosch is gonna sell many of these

saw it at AAP yesterday-info at the sheld indicates it holds 30 grams of contamination while P1 holds 13 g.
It would have to come with free oil for me to put down 13 bucks for an oil filter

S

Yes, I saw one at Advance Auto Parts yesterday, too. It has a very cool translucent plastic box, but it was too short on information. The rating of 99.9% doesn't reference the test or micron size. The extra capacity doesn't matter to me since I'm not running extended intervals anyway.

It feels like they're putting it on the market just to compete with the distance filters from M1 EP and Amsoil, not because they have something unique to offer. Yes, they might have something to offer, but they've failed to make a case for it.

Originally Posted By: Bruce T
...Yes, they might have something to offer, but they've failed to make a case for it.

Bingo!

Originally Posted By: mewisemagic
on sale with oil change specials at advance auto

Yup, darn good deal for those wanting to try out this filter.

boschdeal.jpg

Originally Posted By: sxg6
Originally Posted By: mewisemagic
on sale with oil change specials at advance auto

Yup, darn good deal for those wanting to try out this filter.

boschdeal.jpg

That's a SUPER DEAL, I'd say.

I normally get a Bosch filter (for my GTI) from the parts counter at the local shop that specializes in foreign cars. Basic black can with just "Bosch" and the model number on it. Any idea how this Distance Plus filter might compare?

I've typically bought the 5 quart jugs at Wal-mart and an Extended Guard oil filter. Last time it was Mobil 1 AFE. I've kept on hearing from the guys here that Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advanced Auto, Pep Boys, etc occasionally run incredible oil deals. Man, that ad from Advanced Auto listed above has me salivating. I'm switching for my next oil change to Castrol Edge and the Bosch filter for $29.99. Wal-Mart may have permanently lost my business. It's everyday prices are cheaper, however, when those auto companies run their specials, no comparison!

For Canadians interested in these new Bosch filters:

I called Bosch Canada this afternoon and Customer Service had never heard of this filter and calling me back she told me that there was no time line when it would be available in Canada.

Originally Posted By: Thorzdad
I normally get a Bosch filter (for my GTI) from the parts counter at the local shop that specializes in foreign cars. Basic black can with just "Bosch" and the model number on it. Any idea how this Distance Plus filter might compare?

I'd wager they are close . Both good filters

Yup been at AAP for a wile now,not worth $13 bones vs the P1 witch is the same filter(20mic @ 99.9%) but hey there there.

all three are the same from what i gathered.

Originally Posted By: Thorzdad

The European Bosch is a different animal.

The Bosch made in the US are made in the former Purolator factories that Bosch bought.

In Europe Bosch are made in their previously owned facilities.

Here is a European Bosch for a 2000 VW Golf 2.0:

http://www.germanfilters.com/images//images_big/w71930.jpg

and here is the American Bosch for the same car:

http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/richmedia/images/cover.gif

Purolators over the years have done well in comparisons, and I expect the Bosch versions of the same to do equally well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back