Valvoline Dexron VI full synthetic Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to change the trany fluid in my 95 bmw 525i to Valvoline Dexron VI full synthetic. My last fill (35,000 miles ago)was with Castrol Dexron VI which is a synthetic blend.

I think the Valvoline would be a better choice. Opinions?

I think it should work just fine.

I'm kinda up in the air myself in whether I should go with the Dex VI from Valvoline, or try M! ATF.

People seem to like that Dex though....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

I'm kinda up in the air myself in whether I should go with the Dex VI from Valvoline, or try M! ATF.

Does Mobil make a Dexron VI? They used to make a full synthetic Dexron III. However when the Dexron III License expired, they renamed it so I am not sure it is the same formula.

My vote goes with Valvoline Dexron VI. I like Valvolines gear and transmission oils. If you have a Meijer in your locale, it is the cheapest retailer I've seen to get Valvoline Dex VI, $5.49/qt.

Whether its a blend or full synthetic may just be the marketing gimmic when using OTC products.

Any DexronVI can be used.

Originally Posted By: Russell

Does Mobil make a Dexron VI? They used to make a full synthetic Dexron III. However when the Dexron III License expired, they renamed it so I am not sure it is the same formula.

yeah they make one but it semi synthetic.

I am planning to change the trany fluid in my 95 bmw 525i to Valvoline Dexron VI full synthetic. My last fill (35,000 miles ago)was with Castrol Dexron VI which is a synthetic blend.

I think the Valvoline would be a better choice. Opinions?

From the mds the stuff looks like it is all group 3.

Originally Posted By: wapacz

yeah they make one but it semi synthetic.

Yep. I have some waiting for my Cobalt...

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Whether its a blend or full synthetic may just be the marketing gimmic when using OTC products.

Any DexronVI can be used.

+1

I used the cheapest Dex VI I could find: Supertech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back