Castrol Syntec in a 1980 BMW R65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Johnny
...I do not like Golden Spectro products...There are many good oils out there that work extremely well in air-cooled BMW bikes....

The point of referencing Fleischer's material was not what brands he prefers, but the importance of using the proper viscosity...20W50, not 5W20.

BTW, I see you own Honda Elements. How do you like them? I bought the first 2003 to hit the ground in my hometown, mostly because my wife liked it's quirky looks. It has turned out to be one of the most dependable, trouble-free vehicles we have owned, as well as one of the most useful. We've hauled dogs, furniture, fertilizer and a myriad of other things, slept overnight in the back and racked up 174 thousand miles without a significant repair. I did have to replace the front oxygen sensor, one battery and several sets of tires. It's even on all it's original light bulbs! It's now residing at our vacation home, semi-retired. And...5W20 IS the correct oil viscosity for the Element!

We love the Elements and at one time had three of them. The one my son drives takes a beaten for sure, but as you just routine maintenance, tires, and one set of brake pads. No mechanical problems at all. And yes, 5W-20 all the way in these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back