For all you gearheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jakegday
i understand this is not a normal car engine, but do the valve springs rotate like that on normal car engines?

I was wondering the same thing. Of course, normal car engines don't turn at 14k+ RPMs
shocked2.gif

They could have chopped that 3+ minute video down to 20 seconds. Yes, the valve springs rotate in car engines as well.

Originally Posted By: hate2work
Originally Posted By: Jakegday
i understand this is not a normal car engine, but do the valve springs rotate like that on normal car engines?

I was wondering the same thing. Of course, normal car engines don't turn at 14k+ RPMs
shocked2.gif

Most engines have valve rotators that rotate the valves to slow down wear and to keep the seats and valves clean.

The 4.0L Jeep wont start spinning the valves until 3500 rpm so guys that never rev theirs tend to get performance robbing carbon on one spot on the valves.

Nice video. Its amazing to me that these motors make it around the block with all that going on!! And we all make a big deal about what oil to use! LOL....

Originally Posted By: bigbird_1
Yes, the valve springs rotate in car engines as well.

That's why they used to use "hairpin" valve springs in some older motorcycle engines (aka - Ducati, Norton, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back