"Oil is NOT a fossil fuel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MarkC

I suggest Augustus and Tempest do some research on petroleum geology.

I am trying, but you won't give me the lowest depth at which organic matter has been found...

Originally Posted By: crinkles

words in my mouth! dammit talking to you is like dealing with a brick wall

OK, so as to insure that no words are put in your mouth, here is your entire post:
Quote:
did you read what i wrote? read it again, it is in there. that's when people started hurting and market forces changed. who said i "simply want to raise prices with no goal..." ?? I only opined as to what i thought about where prices may hurt and get realised. talk about putting words in my mounth... your argumentation does not make for good debate. looks like a knee jerk to me... i'm done with you kind sir.

Emphasis is mine.

So you said that you are happy that high gas prices are "hurting" so that gas prices are "realized". You are also happy that "market forces changed" after gas prices became hurtful. Hurt was used twice.

In a previous post you said:
"i'd say about double to triple what they are now, judgung by people and industry's reactions in 2008"
Which is above where the "hurtful" level was in 2008.

You want to massively raise prices and have people "hurt" economically so that people are forced to see the same "realized" value that you assign to the product. All with "no opinion" on a target to reduce it's use by.

Is that right?

Yes, and you've said that the market has replaced the products. There is the coincidence that stuff was there to replace it.

Tell me that there is 100% assurance in a totally intense energy dependent environment that we have ..where all things exhausted will be replaced?

You ASSURE that it will be so? How can you do this? Just suppose crude oil did not exist? Suppose coal did not exist? What would have enabled this radical expansion of global utilization and application of other resources, fairy dust?

What you keep dodging is that we're in a RADICALLY INFLATED STATE due to the use of fossil fuels. That could very well be impossible to replace in any sensible manner. That means a general "technical correction" will have to take place in your "market". It will come in the form of reducing the participants.

Originally Posted By: Tempest

I am trying, but you won't give me the lowest depth at which organic matter has been found...

What you mean is that instead of researching it yourself, you want me to tell you the answer.

Originally Posted By: Tempest

What you mean is that instead of researching it yourself, you want me to tell you the answer.

As I clearly stated in another post, the lowest I found was 18,000ft (with no cites)...which is significantly higher than 6.6 miles...

There's a well in Alaska that I believe is producing and it's at about 21,000 feet. Whether a well is economically viable depends on the material it's drilling through, as well as the depth.

You asked about the deepest organic material; the deepest discovery you linked ("The well, located in Keathley Canyon block 102, approximately 250 miles (400 kilometres) south east of Houston, is in 4,132 feet (1,259 metres) of water. The Tiber well was drilled to a total depth of approximately 35,055 feet (10,685 metres) making it one of the deepest wells ever drilled by the oil and gas industry. The well found oil in multiple Lower Tertiary reservoirs.") to was from the Lower Tertiary, which began after the K/T Extinction Event. There are plenty of fossils from very much older periods of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back