Who Makes The Harley Davidson Branded Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine Hugo Chavez oil.

Lubricants
Product H-D Part#...Manufacturer
H-D WINTER FUEL CONDITIONER 99889-91A HJS of Wisconsin
H-D FUEL ADDITIVE 99893-91A Polar Molecular
H-D FORK OIL TYPE B 99880-73 HJS of Wisconsin
H-D FORK OIL TYPE E 99884-80 CITGO Petroleum
H-D SCREAMIN' EAGLE FORK OIL (HEAVY) 99881-87 CITGO Petroleum
H-D SCREAMIN' EAGLE RACING FORK OIL (EXTRA HEAVY) 99909-93R CITGO Petroleum
H-D PRIMARY LUBRICANT 99887-84 CITGO Petroleum
H-D MOTOR OIL, SAE 10W-40 99816-1040 CITGO Petroleum
H-D MOTOR OIL, SAE 20W-50 99816-2050 CITGO Petroleum
H-D MOTOR OIL, SAE 50 99816-50 CITGO Petroleum
H-D MOTOR OIL, SAE 60 99816-60 CITGO Petroleum
H-D SCREAMIN' EAGLE SYNTHETIC MOTORCYCLE LUBRICANT 99824-03 CITGO Petroleum
H-D SEMI-SYNTHETIC TRANSMISSION LUBRICANT 99892-84 CITGO Petroleum
H-D SPORT-TRANS FLUID 99896-88 HJS of Wisconsin
DOT 5 BRAKE FLUID 99902-77 Dow-Corning
H-D WHEEL BEARING GREASE 99856-92 HJS of Wisconsin
SPECIAL PURPOSE GREASE 99857-97 HJS of Wisconsin
H-D POLY OIL 99860-81 General Polymeric

Product H-D Part#...Manufacturer
HARLEY GLAZE 99701-84 Chem-rite Industries
HARLEY GLOSS 94627-98 Chem-rite Industries
HARLEY SUN WASH 94659-98 Chem-rite Industries
HARLEY SWIRL & SCRATCH REMOVER 94655-98 Chem-rite Industries
HARLEY WHEEL & TIRE CLEANER 94658-98 Chem-rite Industries
H-D WINDSHIELD WATER REPELLENT 99841-01 Chem-rite Industries
H-D SPRAY POLISH 99817-99 Petro-Chemical Products
HARLEY BRIGHT METAL POLISH 99725-89 Rolite Chemical
H-D BLACK CRÈME POLISH 99271-96V Apple Polishes
H-D LEATHER CARE 98263-95V Apple Polishes
H-D LEATHER CLEANER 99274-98V Apple Polishes
H-D SUEDE & FABRIC CLEANER 99272-96V Apple Polishes
H-D LEATHER DRESSING 98261-91V Pecard Chemical
Source(s):
http://www.hdtalking.com/oil_related_tip…

* 1 year ago

Yep, contract went from Sunoco to Citgo in the early 2000s. Probably due to the request for bid on the Syn 3. Citgo (logically) got the bulk of lube contracts at that time. Genuine Hugo oil.

So many of the guys who would never ride a foreign bike and bleed red, white, and blue are running oil from a guy that hates the US?

Originally Posted By: tmorris1
So many of the guys who would never ride a foreign bike and bleed red, white, and blue are running oil from a guy that hates the US?

I'd wager most of them don't know it...

Originally Posted By: RWEST

Do any of the countries that supply us with oil really love us? Well they love our money and such but get over it already...Is the Citgo bad oil?

Don't get political about oil please. If you don't like foreign oil then buy Brad Penn.

Originally Posted By: Odysseus2010
To settle a bet...

I hope you won the bet I used to say Sunoco before I became a Bitoger. Now If I could only get the good ol' boys down at the shop to believe me that Motorcraft is not made by Havoline!!

"Do any of the countries that supply us with oil really love us?"

Well, yes. Canada does in a familiar kind of way. Not that we don't have our pi$$ing matches occasionally. You can rest assured that Canada and the U.S. have a commonality and history that has proven itself over the ages. These modern times do test the bond (increased security etc.) but I'm certain that each country will be there for the other when the need arises. Our oil is expensive to produce but we do have a lot of it.

I'm not getting political, just stating a fact. I bet if some of those guys knew what they were buying they would switch.

I understand that politics can be divisive...

I'm just wondering how large our Venezuelan contingent here actually is.

Of course there are probably folks elsewhere in the world who really like VHC, and would be offended if we gave him a hard time here, I suppose.

He probably is, underneath all that bludgeoning blather a really nice guy... I guess. (?)

54.gif

Originally Posted By: RWEST

I would agree many that use HD oil don't know who has the contract. I would also wager that many that use HD oil are not really into the whole oil subject. Another factor is that there are not a lot of 20W50s to chose from (especially up north) and the HD oil seems to be a safe bet to the non oil nuts.

I only know of one or two guys that use HD oil. Most that I know are using something that has more bang for the buck. I think the HD Syn 3 is probably $10 - $12 per Qt.

It's hard to prove anyone is getting more bang for the buck. Sure you can pay more, but alot of guys are still in the mindset of changing oil every 3k miles. Harley sells alot of oil marketed with their name on it, it's easy to get and alot of people feel its a safe bet if any warranty issues come up.I haven't heard of any motor failures with Harley oil, and I think nobody else could find their oil's to have caused any.And there are alot of 20/50's around like Amsoil, mobil 1 v twin, Castrol,Valvoline, Redline, royal purple, Brad Penn. Those oils are mostly synthetic and work fine. Like car oils, the more you read about them the more it seems any of them will keep your vehicle around a long time. It boils down to price and availability. They all claim to be the best, and try to make you feel unless your paying top dollar for oil your not taking proper care of your vehicle.So if you ride your bike 4k miles a year, you may not really need $12 a qt oil, no matter who makes it.,,

Nobody "needs" $12.00/qt. oil unless you're racing. Any decent quality HDEO will get the job done with plenty of room to spare.

Originally Posted By: boraticus
Nobody "needs" $12.00/qt. oil unless you're racing. Any decent quality HDEO will get the job done with plenty of room to spare.

$12.00 a qt? That's ridiculous! I don't even pay that much for Amsoil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back