Coffee - what are you using and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What coffee are you brewing at home, and why?

(I'd prefer to keep this to coffees that are widely available in stores.... so if you suggest it, I can easily go buy some).

Right now, I am using Eight O'Clock's 100% Colombian.

I'm drinking it because it is a Colombian variety with a good, solid taste.... with nothing unexpected.

I tried it because of a favorable Consumer Reports rating.

At $4 for an 12 ounce bag, it is only slightly more expensive than brands such as Folgers or Maxwell House, but is much better.

Starbucks Sumatra. We have a bunn at work and the coffee is provided "free". Oh thats right, I got laid off a year ago ;(

I'm drinking a 90/10 mixture of whole-leaf black and green teas w/ a pinch of raw sugar.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Funny how $4 for 12 ozs of coffee is a good deal but, $4 for a qt of oil is a rip off.,
No, $6.97 for a labeled "full synthetic" which doesnt have a drop of synthetic in it is the ripoff
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Right now, I am using Eight O'Clock's 100% Colombian.

I'm drinking it because it is a Colombian variety with a good, solid taste.... with nothing unexpected.

I tried it because of a favorable Consumer Reports rating.

You need to try Caribou colombian then. It was rated #1 in the same comparison of 100% colombian coffees. It is worth every penny
13.gif

I gave away the eight o'clock coffee I had at the time.

Don't laugh.

Right now, I'm drinking Stop&Shop generic instant that was on the clearance shelf. Yummy.

Actually it's not too bad and gets the job done.

Dunkin Donuts Original Blend. Most Target stores have it but I buy mine direct from Dunkin on an automatic shipment. Go buy a bag then you can tell me why I drink it.

Emmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Good.

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
Funny how $4 for 12 ozs of coffee is a good deal but, $4 for a qt of oil is a rip off.,

It's just like most other things.... you can pay $2 for the Wal-Mart stuff, or $15 for the high end specialty stuff... and everywhere in between.

We Bought some Kroeger brand a while back.I think someone pulled the dead grass from the yard.I goudnt begin too drink this stuff

Originally Posted By: beast3300
I buy whatever is on sale. Usually it is Maxwell house.

+1

Love when those big blue plastic jugs with the handle go on sale, I stock up!

Beaumont from Aldi's. At one point I would have my Beaumont at home and make a quick trip to work. There they never had anything less than Folgers. Never noticed a bit of difference except Beaumont never had annoying commercials.

Originally Posted By: den
We Bought some Kroeger brand a while back.I think someone pulled the dead grass from the yard.I goudnt begin too drink this stuff

I have some decaying leaves you can sprinkle on top. The aroma would be haunting.

I have tried all kinds of coffee both in the United States and Asia and Europe too after living there many years before retirement.

The one that fills the bill now is the store brand that Wal-Mart sells.

Good flavor.

Works for me.

Caribou is probably the best I've ever had but expensive in their store. If you can find it in 3lb bags at Costco or Sam's, go that route. I just buy the largest bag of whole bean Columbian either of the warehouses sells when I need it.
8 O'Clock is great as well but they've reduced the bag size to 12oz's down from a pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back