Oil for '96 Ford F250 w/ 460 EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a typo.

I'm so ashamed!
33.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Oooooh, talk about fuel mileage, my 460 motorhomes got around 7 mpg. The 454 is not much better.

For the record, a Mopar 440 is in that same ballpark too. But oh... my... GAWD, there's nothing that moves or sounds quite the same an old-school big-bore V8, be it Ford, Mopar, or GM.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Oooooh, talk about fuel mileage, my 460 motorhomes got around 7 mpg. The 454 is not much better.

For the record, a Mopar 440 is in that same ballpark too. But oh... my... GAWD, there's nothing that moves or sounds quite the same an old-school big-bore V8, be it Ford, Mopar, or GM.

Agreed!
thumbsup2.gif

Well, short update. Ran some Delvac in it for a little cleaning cycle, dumped it and put in Castrol 10w-30 with a WIX Filter. The filter on there was a Bosch and it looked OLD!!!!! The paint was peeling off with rust all over it, so i will run this oil 3k or less, change again and then go to 5k intervals. It's so cheap, why not? Thank you Fumoto valve Company for making the same drain plug for Dmax and 460!!
thumbsup2.gif

We expect a full on report of the "new" truck!

Have you done the tranny fluid yet? How did that fluid and filter look?

I haven't done the tranny filter and fluid yet....was doing all of the other "cleaning up" this weekend, but it is on the docket for this Sunday for switching that pan and filter out. I did check the fluid and it is pink with no burnt smell, so that is a good start. But, after the condition of the oil filter, I am not taking any chances.

Truck runs really well and so far getting 11 mpg, so no complaints. It had a CEL, but after searching through everything, I found the IAT sensor to be unplugged, so ta da!! No more CEL! Everything works and I am happy. I got it all all cleaned up, shampooed carpets, disassembled dash and cleaned plastic parts, gauge faces, etc.....took most of the day, but am happy with the results. Stay tuned! I am liking the Lima 460. For 213k, it runs smooth and has more than enough power for my needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
460 Fords are great engines. 15w-40 or 10w30 or 30 HDEO. They are not picky on the oil they use. The company I used to work for has Ford vans and the doors would literally fall off with the engines still running real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back