green grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some lookin at that stuff a while back and basically come to the conclusion that it was really good stuff. It is supposed to be waterproof as well. I was looking at it for atv applications. I came to the conclusion that it would not be much of a benefit for me. I just bought some generic waterproof grease for the atv and use reg #2 lithium red grease for most everything else. What is your application gonna be?

I've been using it on various vehicles including a Kabota B2000.
Its hard to tell how "good" it is or not because almost any grease will hold out at least 1 OCI.

Some pluses for the Green i can see are it is waterproof and it does not weep out of the gun over time.The snowblower auger has remained clean and rust free over the 2 yrs it has had green.
The Kabota joints are clean and remain well lubed over the harsh wet winter.

I cant say its better than any other grease as far as lubricating properties go but the specs seem good.

This maybe a small company with a quality product that supplies commercial accounts and is trying to break into retail.The cheesy web site and advertising isn't helping their efforts IMO.

With the exception of the weeping issue Mobil 1 red seems to have performed just as well and has EM labs and testing behind it.

I ordered 5 gallons of lubriplate 1200-2 it was only 105 dollars i mean 35# of grease for 100$ cant beat that.. we use a simular product at work it doesnt have moly but it's pretty awsome stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back