409 Heads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I'd pull it and drop a 32V all-aluminum 4.6 in it with Stage3 heads from TEA on it, backed by a T-56 and run by a Megasquirt setup. That would keep 'ol Henry happy.

But that's just me. I am not a fan of any GM engine in a Ford. Period.

Too modern for his tastes. If he went Ford he would probably put an old 312 Y Block in it. He wants that 60's vibe. This car is an all original steel bodied car so he wants a vintage vibe. In a fiberglass car a modern engine would be ok, but not in an old steel body car.

We had a 425HP 312 in our '31 Chris, 3" straights through Shephard flaps, it was a sound unlike any other. Worked heads with an Offy dual-carter intake. No idea who made the cam, but it liked to play north of 6,000RPM.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Nah maybe a 289/302 Windsor if he wanted go with Ford power but definitely nothing too modern. I think the Chevy engine is a fine idea since we've already proven in past discussions it is superior to the Ford
grin2.gif

I do believe sir, that the only one who came to that conclusion was YOU
wink.gif

If you are going 60's vibe, the iron 409 heads all the way... although, I would probably throw on a set of 340hp heads and sell the 425 heads, worth quite a penny. (Especially if the date codes match up with an impala SS owner with the correct build date)

Oh, and since I'm giving my opinion...

A flat head would be my first choice, preferably a merc with fenton heads and two strombergs.

Second choice would be a 265-283ci SBC, 097 Duntov cam, power pac heads, three dueces on vintage offy intake.

Third would be a small early hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back