Post your latest oil change

Changed the Jeep Liberty's oil and filter at 47,343 miles.

5 quarts of SuperTech 10w-30

Purolator classic filter

The weather is becoming less miserable every day!
smile.gif

03 Land Rover Disco:

7 quarts- M1 5W-50 w/ Mobil EP Filter
10 quarts- M1 Syn. ATF
6 quarts- RL 75W-90
3 quarts- RL 80W-140

Originally Posted By: MrWideTires
2004 SE-R SpecV (track car)

Castrol Edge 5w30 and Bosch 3323

Great choice.
thumbsup2.gif
I used that same combo on my last oil change and I was very impressed by it.

today I pulled my drain plug and let the GC splash into the pan

I then refilled it with 5 quarts of Mobil 1 0w-40(AAP sale)

I didn't even both changing the filter, I just put a large K&N on it 3k miles ago. I will run this ow-40 for 3k miles and see how I like it..(noise/oil consumption)

I still have the Mobil 1 301 extra large filter(Motorcraft FL1A size, stock is FL400S) that I will install before my next road trip in May and fill it back up with either 0w-40 again or 5w-40 TDT

Most recent change was with 5 quarts old formula Valvoline Synpower 5w-30. That was the last of it, finally! And, with a Purolator P1 filter. Next oil change will be with PP 10w-30. Don't have any pics of oil, but here is the engine.

Rich-cars048.jpg

Put some M1 5w20 in my wife's 3.3L V6 Grand Caravan. Changed after about 7 months and 6000 kms. Quaker State filter though. Yeah I went to a local Lubex. Once it warms up will likely switch out the filter.

1990 300ZX non-turbo 5sp, 67k miles 4 quarts GC 0W-30, Wix filter.
1998 Ram 5.9 auto, 147k miles 5 quarts GC 0W-30, Hastings filter.

2003 Ford Focus SE Sedan (2.3L)
Changed oil and filter on 12/20/09 @ 79,230 miles
Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic 5w30 / 4.5 quarts
Purolator PureOne 10241
Also changed out coolent / Prestone 50/50 Long Life

Prior to oil change, added Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner /
12 Oz bottle in 14 gal fuel tank (at 78,950).

After oil change, I'm using a maintainance fuel system cleaner (Redline Sl-1) of 1.5 to 2 oz. @ every fill-up. Vehicle runs quiet and much smoother since I began using a fuel system cleaner as well as getting 1.5 to 2 more MPG.

Current mileage 82,120

Will change oil & filter out between 6000 to 7000 miles. Plan on doing a UOA at that time.

2000 Toyota Camry CE 2.2L 5S-FE @ 103,000 miles
Shell Rotella T5 Synthetic Blend 10w30 in the 1 gallon jug from Walmart @ $16
M1-209 (Oversized) from Walmart @ ~$8

Moved the car on to ramps and let it run for 5 minutes at 2k rpm to make sure the oil was warm. While drain plug was still off, poured 1/4 quart of the new oil in the crank case. When the oil coming out looked new (wasn't dark), I put the drain plug back on. Put oil in the filter ad rubbed it into the gasket and then drained the excess into the funnel on the crank case since the filter goes on from the top at a slight angle. Dropped the rest of the jug (started at 4 qts) into the crank case and then ran the engine to move it off the ramps and then parked it in the garage and let it idle for 5 more minutes. Checked the oil level the next morning and it looked less than 1/4 quart over. No foaming. Will run this for 7k miles until the odometer hits 110k miles

Originally Posted By: ddtmoto
1990 300ZX non-turbo 5sp, 67k miles 4 quarts GC 0W-30, Wix filter.
1998 Ram 5.9 auto, 147k miles 5 quarts GC 0W-30, Hastings filter.

How does your Z32 like the GC? I went into Autozone tonight and bought some Valvoline dino and saw they had a ton of it there.

Originally Posted By: James Miranda
Put some M1 5w20 in my wife's 3.3L V6 Grand Caravan. Changed after about 7 months and 6000 kms. Quaker State filter though. Yeah I went to a local Lubex. Once it warms up will likely switch out the filter.

Just my
49.gif
but I don't think you need to change the filter. Quaker State filters are great filters for the money, made by Purolator.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

Just my
49.gif
but I don't think you need to change the filter. Quaker State filters are great filters for the money, made by Purolator.

I`m with Third. No need whatsoever to change the filter.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

Just my
49.gif

I`m with Third. No need whatsoever to change the filter.

I'm in agreement. They are solid filters. Near the top of what's available in Canada. Maybe only Wix and K&N are better and available in the Great White North.

Originally Posted By: BovineScapegoat

I'm in agreement. They are solid filters. Near the top of what's available in Canada. Maybe only Wix and K&N are better and available in the Great White North.

IIRC the K&N packaging states a 93% or 95% first pass efficiency. Not what I'd call good for the average consumer's uses or goals.

If you need that kind of racing flow, use a SS screen oil filter with a 3 micron in parallel bypass.

Wix and Napa Gold are easy to get in most communities. Purolator Pure One are available if you look for them.

Last edited:
Back