Ready for 2010 Riding Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snagged these a couple of months ago when Checkers had them on sale for $5.50 a gallon. These will fill up a couple of VStroms and an NX650.

IMG_1948.jpg

Last edited:
We change the Stroms every 3k miles and the NX every 2k miles....so we go through oil during the summer when we are riding a lot.

Right now, the bikes are sitting in the garage with a battery tender attached.

Originally Posted By: Stanley Rockafeller
I'm going to get the motorcycle license this March :D

yay for me!

IJS

Have you ever had one before?

Originally Posted By: grampi

yay for me!

IJS

I'm beginning to think that motorcycle permits (and automobile licenses) should be a lot harder to get. The local HD dealer has had THREE new customers (3 that I know of)
crash before they got home with their new toy. One of them left the parking lot, went straight across 4 lanes of traffic, ran into a stone wall, broke some bones and totalled the bike. Suzuki shop sold crotch rocket to 22-year-old who promptly lost control at an estimated 100mph on a 35mph city street. He died.

I have enough oil for my motorcycle for probably 5 years worth of riding. I have 5 gallons of Super Tech 15W-40 CI-4, 4 gallons Delvac 15W-40 CJ-4, 7 quarts of NAPA 15W-50, and 3 quarts of Pennzoil High Mileage 20W-50. That's enough for roughly 14 oil changes
shocked2.gif

That was all purchased in the last 6 months.

Originally Posted By: SWSportsman
Originally Posted By: grampi

yay for me!

IJS

I'm beginning to think that motorcycle permits (and automobile licenses) should be a lot harder to get. The local HD dealer has had THREE new customers (3 that I know of)
crash before they got home with their new toy. One of them left the parking lot, went straight across 4 lanes of traffic, ran into a stone wall, broke some bones and totalled the bike. Suzuki shop sold crotch rocket to 22-year-old who promptly lost control at an estimated 100mph on a 35mph city street. He died.

There are some funny videos on YouTube of idiots wrecking their bikes in the dealers parking lot just after purchasing them.

yay for me!

IJS

Take a basic riding course, it may save your life. Be safe out there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

There are some funny videos on YouTube of idiots wrecking their bikes in the dealers parking lot just after purchasing them.

How about a link or two?

Up here in Canadaland, it's not so easy to get a license to ride.

After extensive training, and written tests, only then can you even think of getting to ride one for you riding test.

And honestly, I'm only going with a 250cc bike first, then someday can graduate to a bmw bike :D

Up here in Canadaland, it's not so easy to get a license to ride.After extensive training, and written tests, only then can you even think of getting to ride one for you riding test.

I got my motorcycle licence in 1967, about 6 months after my driver's licence. I used a Honda 50 Cub scooter for the road test. No written test, just the lamest, shortest road test. They were just introducing radio equipped helmets. The tester, following in a car, would tell you where to go. That day the radio helmet wasn't working, so the tester said 1 honk for left, 2 honks for right. I lost him after the first traffic light, went back to the parking lot in 30 seconds, and he showed up shortly thereafter. He said "it looks like you know what you're doing, go inside and get your motorcycle licence." I never looked back.

Up here in Canadaland, it's not so easy to get a license to ride.

After extensive training, and written tests, only then can you even think of getting to ride one for you riding test.

And honestly, I'm only going with a 250cc bike first, then someday can graduate to a bmw bike :D

Good choice on the 250 for a first bike...my first bike was a Ninja 250 and I had some brain cramps on that bike that might have killed me on my CBR F4i 600.

On a VTX 1300 now and could not be happier

Good luck, you are gonna love riding

Goose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back