Lexus RX330 oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know what the Lexus 5w30 oil is? Does anyone have experience changing oil on this vehicle. My wife has one with 57000 on the clock with 5000 OCI and it runs fine but warrantys up and I want to change myself. Any experience with this vehicle?

I use Mobil 1 5W30 EP and a Mobil 1 oil filter in my wifes 2004 RX330. I used to go with a 5,000 mile interval, but now that we are getting closer to the end of the warranty, I am moving it up to 7,500 mile intervals.

I plan on sending in a 7,500 sample in a couple of weeks (before the warranty is up) and have Terry read it out. Just to make sure things are sound.

Stay tuned.

Consider doing an AutoRx rinse. That should get all if any varnish off the engine. In the RX330, the engine works a little harder than in the Camery for obvious reasons. Continue doing what you are doing, or a nice synthetic at longer intervals would be just as good if not better.

I have a 2001 RX300. It has 168k miles on it. I have used Mobil 1 10w30 for its entire life. Toyota filter. I change it every 4k miles. I have removed the oil pan and valve covers, Blackstone reports and all. This engine looks brand new on the inside and the reports come back excellent. And yes, this is the so called sludge engine.

I have a 2001 Lexus ES300. I've used Mobil 1 5w30 since I dumped the factory fill at 1k miles. I change oil at 5k/6 months and use K&N oil filters. (say what you will, that nut on the end is just darned handy!)

Perhaps I am one of the few, but I wouldn't run 15W40 in an RX330, especially in Ohio winters. I think 5W30 or 10W30 is a better choice.

15w40? Might as well use SAE 60wt. I personally wouldn't utilize anything above a 5wXX in this application.

Thanks to you all. I'm going with Valvoline or Mobil 5w30 with a 5,000 OCI which is what we are on now and only dealer service every 10,000 to reduce my costs. This car gets highway miles about 65% so the engine oil doesn't even get dark until about 4,800. We dumped at 1k for break in and have been right on the 5k mark every time. The description of the oil change is awesome Thanks again. KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back