Castrol Syntec synthetic grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this stuff yesterday fot $3 a tube. It was a weird blue color and I did not buy any.

Anyone using it now?
How would it be a general all purpose grease?

Ive used it in ATVs and I liked it alot. It doesnt wash out. I was impressed with it and Ive been around grease alot with being involved in trucking. I never see and good deals on it though.

I've also seen this on clearance at Canadian Walmarts. Over the years when I've seen it in Walmart at regular the tubes most always have dust on them. They must not be fast sellers.

Has anyone looked at the grease carefully before installing it in their grease gun? I have pulled the black caps off of some tubes in stores over the years and the grease always looks dry and cracked. It shrinks down from the outside of the tube and leaves a gap between the tube and the grease. I have also seen the grease cracked. It reminds me of really dry clay soil with cracks in it.

The above may have been due to the grease sitting in the store a very long time, I don't know. I do know I would be very scared to use the grease.

When I pull the black caps off of the Walmart brand regular grease or the Castrol regular grease, it always looks fresh and not dried out.

Quote:
the grease always looks dry and cracked. It shrinks down from the outside of the tube and leaves a gap between the tube and the grease. I have also seen the grease cracked.

Same here for the tubes that I have looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back