RB25DET Nissan Skyline GTS-T R33

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 1991 nissan 240sx with a swap

the engine is an rb25det 2.5 liter straight 6 turbo..the compression is 9:1 of course...just wanna know what my best bet is for oil...my first oil change is comin up soon...right now its on mobil 5000 10w40

also..i have a 5 speed manual transmission..want to know what the best lube for it is..i know nissan trannies have a reputation for wearing prematurely..just wanna take good care of my car..

thanks

Hrmm.. if you have a turbo with that high compression, I would be going syn ASAP.

There are a number of oils out there that would meet your application, from Redline, to Amsoil, to RP. If you want local wally world stuff, I would go M1 EP.

Basically, any syn oil that is SM/GF-4 would be a good choice.

As for tranny fluid, I would go RP... It's what I run in mine. Great stuff!

Shell Rotella 5w-40 synthetic would be my vote. Good synthetic that will stand up to the rigors of turbo use...especially in that engine.

as for gear oil, simple valvoline hasn't done me wrong since I've used their synthetic blend.

Im assuming this car calls for 80w90 GL4 like most other nissans.
I would go redline mt90 or amsoil MTG 75w90.

Ive got MT90 in my 93 hardbody and amsoil in my 04 frontier and they both work great.

awesome..who sells redline?..i dont think kragen or autozone carries it..havnt seen that there..only Royal Purple..i'll go for that 5w30 RL...but..isnt that too thin?..is there a website citing your claim on Nissan's recomendation for 5w30 on the rb25det...im not questioning your integrity..but its nice to have some peace of mind..thank you all for your input by the way..this is my first day on here and i love the information circulating on this forum...

didnt know oil and lubrication was such a huge deal till i found this board haha..learn somethin new everyday...

also..how OFTEN should i change oils?..

an 'experienced" nissan enthusiast tells me every 10k or so..and even THAT is too early..of course i simply cant digest this..10 just seems wayyyy too long..i always did mine at 3k..but since this is my first turbo motor..should i do it even sooner?..

this is a daily driven car..i drive about 60 miles daily..everyday...

sorry to bump my thread again..but dont see a reason to make a new thread

i'v decided on Redline's 10w40 fully synthetic...

wondering on what oil filter i should get..

are oilfilters just as important as the oil you use?..or should i just get a fram or bosche?..

LuisS13rb: Stay away from Fram, they are generally despised here due to their poor quality. I'd suggest posting your oil filter question over on the Oil Filter forum.

FWIW, I'd probably grab a Purolator Pure One, WIX or NAPA Gold if I was in your shoes.

[ February 24, 2006, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: AndyH ]

are all oil filters the same for nissan?

i know all..or most honda engines use the same oil filter..

USA doesnt carry the skyline..so its hard for me to get parts..although some are interchangable

for instance, i could use 300zx plugs and valves etc...

i'v settled for the Pure One filter

and still reciding between redline and Amsoil, but i know i want a 10w40..

thanks in advance

its stock on 7psi

well the people who installed the motor for me recomended 10w40..and its using mobile 5000 10w40 with a fram filter..and i really hate driving it right now because i know those two arent a good mix..i drive 50 miles a day everyday and want to switch this ASAP

i suppose i will do 5w30..but isnt that too thin?..

i live in california by the way..just incase people want to know my weather conditions...

is Mobil 1 just as good as Amsoil or Redline?..

also..

where can i find the Pure One Filters?

but theres so much rave about the pure one's superiority..ah i guess it all comes down to taste..im sure all the brands mentioned will do a **** of a lot better than the fram i have

i just ordered my redline 5w30 from myoilshop.com thanks to all your suggestions..gunna get my pure one filter from pepboys the day my oil comes in..whenever that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back