delo 400 le or Mystic jt8 semi syn for $5 more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im dont entirely undurstand all of the oil rating and tried to find info about mystic but not to much. I was just wondering if I can increase my OCI on a 97 dodge cummins with the mystic its semi-synthetic or is the delo 400le equal OCI and such. There is a guy from my work that can get schaffers 9000 5w-40 for $120 for 6 gallons. I pull a 12,000lb chipper in the summer. Also the chipper is a oil cooled deutz diesel. I just want a good oil for year round for a fair price i guess. Sorry to ramble. thanks in advance for any advice.
jason

Likely no, although the Mystic does have a stronger additive package. If anything maybe a couple lof thousand miles. Start with your normal OCI and pull a sample. I have had great luck with mystic in the past

There is i believe, but i think they are pretty old. The search feature blows. I remember going through the diesel V&UOA awhile back. They were deep in the pages

Choose your lube based upon your PM plan.

I've not yet tested the JT-8, although I intend to next year in at least some of my equipment. The Delo LE is a proven performer.

The only way to know for sure is for you to test them in your own environment, and see for yourself. We can give you examples of extreme silliness (PAOs dumped at 3k miles; dinos run for 20k miles, etc). But the only way to know for sure if your decision is solid, is to test it out over several UOAs.

Too many "what if" factors to say for sure how your plan will work out. Only experimentation will say for sure.

I do believe that you'll probably find both are excellent products and will suffice quite nicely.

Its so hard to know what to do. I would like to go longer between oil changes also but still want protection. Is the 5w-40 fine for year round in michigan summers or would I have to switch to 15w-40 for the summers.
jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back