Klotz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used klotz oil in their atv/motorcycle?? Their 2-stroke oil is pretty highly regarded in the snowmobile world...but not much is said about their 4-stroke oils. Any input is appreciated!!!

I heard it does nasty stuff to gas tanks when used in Premix, turns Kawasaki lime green to army green. I never saw it though, could be a rumor. I never used it because I was afraid it would do that. Unless you are getting a killer deal on it, I think there are alot of better choices. Is this for a four stroke or two stroke?

its a four stroke. 08 king quad 750....big single cylinder. I know a few people that have used the benol 2 cycle oil with good results....havnt heard about the discoloring thing.

I have used it for years. It's red in color and does turn parts red, but I nwill say the TCW-3 and super techni along with the 4 stroke MX products are awesome. Use then you wont be disappointed

Several guys, myself included, on a Yamaha Raptor forum have recently been testing various oils. One guys ran Klotz and the UOA looked pretty good, except it had lots of fuel in the oil, not the oils fault, so the results are skewed some. Take a look at the thread if you like. link here

There's more oil talk on the Raptor forum, all in the maintenance section, if you'd like to read through a few more just go to the maintenance section and look near the bottom of the first page.

BTW, the Klotz looked fine.

You can not go wrong with Klotz, its a group V synthetic. I have tried all others and nothing compares. I even use their High performance 5W20 in my Dodge Ram Hemi, runs cool,quite & smooth, Just like my Bike. Just my opinion. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back