Royal Purple 75-140

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea I just picked some additive up and im going to put a little in tonight to see what it does. It is the stock LS and from what I can tell I dont think its ever beeen rebuilt but there is 100,000 miles on it.

What happens if you put to much additive in? The clutches just dont lock up as good as they should?

Originally Posted By: jessh
What happens if you put to much additive in? The clutches just dont lock up as good as they should?

That and it can cause viscosity problems with the lubricant. Check your owners manual about how much to put in and use that number, but the generic application is about 3-oz per quart of lubricant. My book shows the 10.5" rear axle holds 7 pints, that would be a skosh under 6 oz. I'd likely add it a littel at a time.. maybe half a dose, then try it (the figure 8 routine).

Last edited:
Well I think my chaddering is gone which is good but i still have a vibration. Im going to take my drive shaft out and look over my u-joints again. They seemed good when it was in the air but im hopping thats it. This morning I couldnt here any noises so hopefully its just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back