Grease Suggestion...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people, for years and years I've been using Kendall Super Blue L-427. However it's becoming more difficult to find.
Can the guru's here suggest another extreme pressure grease that's compatible with what I've been using.
Thanks, Ray

PS I also use this grease in the thrust bearing on my Big Block Jet Boat...so it must handle EP, heat, high RPM loads.

Originally Posted By: HammerDown
PS I also use this grease in the thrust bearing on my Big Block Jet Boat...so it must handle EP, heat, high RPM loads.

That thrust bearing certainly sounds like a demanding application. I suggest Texas Refinery Paragon 3000.

It is compatible with your grease, has a 100 lb Timken load rating, 570F max. operating temperature, 0.0% oil separation, and outstanding water resistance.

The downside is that it is not readily available in small quantities.

HammerDown, how much grease do you need. Rob_Roy is correct about the quality of the TR Paragon 3000 and I happen to have a tube you can have if you pay the shipping cost.

If your interested, send me a PM

Thanks for the above feedback...I would like the option of purchasing locally with good availability.
It will need to be compatible with the Kendal Super Blue that's already in the Jet Boats large Thrust Bearing as it would be very difficult to remove that bearing to flush out the existing Kendal Blue.
Also the thrust bearing (at times) spins to 6000 rpm and the grease must serve other duties as for u-joints,disc brake wheel bearings and steering joints.
Feedback on Pennzoil 707L ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back