Oil for Honda Rubicon..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 2007 Honda Rubicon back in August with just a shade over 150 miles on it. The atv was in mint condition and the price was right.
I changed the oil and filter and used valvoline ATV oil but that stuff is too expensive for me, especially where I have to buy it plus using 5 quarts in the process.

So when time comes this spring, can I use Shell Rotella synthetic in this unit? It has the Hondmatic transmission and shares oil with the engine.

Anyone familiar with this engine/transmission and if so, what do you recommend?

Richard

I have a 1995 fourtrax, 2002 rancher, and a 2005 forman. We use regular honda fourwheeler oil and sometimes amsoil 10w-40 syn. racing oil. does great!

I would just use any 15w40 diesel oil. If you want to go the extra money for the Rotella syn 5w40, thats even better. But any 15w40 oil will do. I have alawys used the 15w40 oil in all my four strokes with trans/engine sharing. I currently use 15w40 in my Kawaski KLR650 and I used that combo in all my Honda ATCs, with out 0 problems. I have only Polaris quads now and they are a different animal. But any 15w40 oil will work Great.

Thanks for the replies. I don't mind paying extra for the synthetic because that is what I use in my 650 Vstar motorcyle.
I also use it in my wife's 04 Yamaha 350 Bruin as well as the 06 Honda TRX 90 the grandkids drive.
And I'm sure when the time comes for an oil change on my son's 09 Honda Recon 250, I will use the Shell Synthetic.

But since the transmission on the Rubicon is a different "animal" than a standard 5 speed transmission, I figures I would ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back