Opening racing day

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I want to say I am more then impressed with how Danica did in the arca race. I feel she was aggresive when needed and laid back when needed. All in all a great learning expierence and much needed seat time.

What can I say Harvick is tough at daytona. I was suprised to not see more bump drafting since the rules have been, well their are no rules now. Of course i was pulling for Smoke, but I was happy to the the RCR cars be tough. Harvick had no practice because he was sick thursday and his primary car was crashed in proactice so he had to go to his backup shootout car.

I'll be in vegas next week for the 500. My money will go on Smoke and harvick. My wife will be putting cash on Hamlin.

I will be placing 2 bets for the 2010 championship, Smoke and Kyle Busch.

many don't like kyle, but I believe with his new contract, new truck team, soon to be new wife and his taste of the head table in the nationwide series, it's his time. He has matured greatly in the last year.

LOL thats a loaded question with me. He wont find victory lane until he finds his pit stall.

he will have a much better season then last, but I don't feel he will contend enough to win a championship. The end of last year seemed promising but they still continue to adjust themselves out of the race.....It's a long race and big swings in setups is killing him.

How about the lone dodges????Blue duece could be a dark horse

It would be difficult to bet against any of those guys, I am Mark Martin all the way. Junior may have something this year.

It would make my day to see Mark Martin win the championship this year. Just a first class racer all the way. Watch out for Montoya. Since they have let up on the bump draft, that crazy dude will knock everyone in front of him out of a race. And after watching things this week, he does not care who he hits. You can count me as one that does not like Kyle Bush. He just has this arrogance about him that I don't like. His brother had it for a few years but has matured in to someone I root for on occasion now. Poor Jr., I personally don't believe he will ever be much better than he is right now. I really think Dale's death effected him in more ways than we will ever know. Should be an interesting year.

Not sure about Jr. I was impressed with Jamie McMurray and Kasey
Kahne. Im sure Smoke will be tough all season.

I also though Danica done really well in the ARCA race. The thing
that got my blood to boiling was DW just would not shut up talking
about her. Im sure if Danica watches the re-run she will think
old DW should have talked about other driver a little more.

The nice thing johnny, I think we can expect to see juan get knocked around outside of the car. The fans want it and nascar needs it.

I think you will find a much different KB this year. Sure were alot more fans cheering for him last year then not. Remember when Tony was the mouth of nascar.

mark deserves a championship more then anyone. You just have to respect the guy for everyting he has done and stands for. No matter what his image is more important then a win. I'm not a hendrick motorsports fan but mark has the best chance he has ever had right now, and he's still hungry even at his age...Love the guy

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
LOL thats a loaded question with me. He wont find victory lane until he finds his pit stall.

crackmeup2.gif

He's gonna have too much aerodynamic drag with that beard this season.

Originally Posted By: chief
Not sure about Jr. I was impressed with Jamie McMurray and Kasey
Kahne. Im sure Smoke will be tough all season.

I also though Danica done really well in the ARCA race. The thing
that got my blood to boiling was DW just would not shut up talking
about her. Im sure if Danica watches the re-run she will think
old DW should have talked about other driver a little more.

I agree bud, Danica did really well and came back from being spun for a more then impressive finish. DW at times gets on my last nerve, but I have to say Rusty wallace is the most annoying announcer ever. He was my favorite driver for many years but I wanna chop his arms off.

It's funny my wife asks me how Micheal waltrip and kyle petty ever make it to this level. She doesn't realize they are a couple of the best racers ever and will likely be in the NHOF one day

So Harvick said he was running Pennzoil Platinum in his #29 Chevy during the Budweiser shootout. I doubt it but who knows. I love Pennzoil but C'mon man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back